Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Montefiore North & OLM*EMS

11 posts in this topic

I know this has been covered, but since it is now a current event again, I'm curious to know what's going on.

Since Montefiore bought OLM and renamed it "Montefiore North", what will be the fate of OLM*EMS?

I know back in the day, OLM*EMS was one of THE best services to work for, a career aspiration for any EMT. It would be a shame if Monte dissolved them or let Transcare take over.

Also, doesn't Monte/OLM own Lifeline or whatever that FDNY-looking transport company is? And didn't they used to own Approved before Empress bought them out?

OLM*EMS is officially dead. 15Victor, the ALS bus is now gone, moved over to FDNY EMS. The BLS buses of OLM are now MonteNorth buses run by TransCare (the exact same buses as the Monte/Einstein ambulances, but with the old OLM bus numbers 2836, etc...). The OLM employees are now TransCare employees, however there is still a 'OLM EMS' supervisor that is their Hospital EMS Administrator. The old OLM medics are on the MonteNorth buses as BLS for right now, at medic pay.

Montefiore definitely doesn't own LifeLine Ambulance, the ambulance that looks like the FDNY ones.

OLM*EMS is officially dead. 15Victor, the ALS bus is now gone, moved over to FDNY EMS. The BLS buses of OLM are now MonteNorth buses run by TransCare (the exact same buses as the Monte/Einstein ambulances, but with the old OLM bus numbers 2836, etc...). The OLM employees are now TransCare employees, however there is still a 'OLM EMS' supervisor that is their Hospital EMS Administrator. The old OLM medics are on the MonteNorth buses as BLS for right now, at medic pay.

Montefiore definitely doesn't own LifeLine Ambulance, the ambulance that looks like the FDNY ones.

Ouch! That's really sad. OLM ran a great EMS program and an even better training program - do you know if they're still teaching EMT courses down there? They were one of the first in this area to build an ambulance simluator to give students the sense of what working in the back of an ambulance was really like. It was even profiled in JEMS (I believe).

RIP OLM*EMS - a real loss for EMS in our area.

WOW last time I checked my pay check said montefiore on it. we are NOT transcare employees. The hospital is leasing our buses from Transcare. We still have our own supervisors. FDNY cancelled the Medic unit not Montefiore. The medic are working on the BLS buses to cover tours as needed. Only 2 people were laid off. Feel free to PM me with any questions before the rumors start on this site like always.

Thanks for the info, 20Y2. I think Monte is big enough now to run their own EMS instead of contracting it out.

What happened to the OLM fleet? I know they had some Wheeled Coach Type I's delivered in the past few years...did Transcare aqquire/repaint them or did they sell them?

Ouch! That's really sad. OLM ran a great EMS program and an even better training program - do you know if they're still teaching EMT courses down there? They were one of the first in this area to build an ambulance simluator to give students the sense of what working in the back of an ambulance was really like. It was even profiled in JEMS (I believe).

RIP OLM*EMS - a real loss for EMS in our area.

YES we are still are running the EMT program with the same instructor's.

Thanks for the info, 20Y2. I think Monte is big enough now to run their own EMS instead of contracting it out.

What happened to the OLM fleet? I know they had some Wheeled Coach Type I's delivered in the past few years...did Transcare aqquire/repaint them or did they sell them?

our 2 wheeled coach ambulances are being repainted 1 (2832) is already back on the road. 2838 is being painted this week. The rest of the fleet were sold or scrapped

Edited by fac911

our 2 wheeled coach ambulances are being repainted 1 (2832) is already back on the road. 2838 is being painted this week. The rest of the fleet were sold or scrapped

Thanks x701. You got any photos of the repaint??

I assume these are the "new" OLM buses.....anyone know what brand it is? (Besides Ford)

post-11-1225031472.jpg

Do they still use the OLM*EMS station?

I assume these are the "new" OLM buses.....anyone know what brand it is? (Besides Ford)

Do they still use the OLM*EMS station?

Yes those are our new "Fisher price my first ambulances" We still have the 2 type one wheel coaches, And yes we still have our station not to much has changed other then the new ambulances leased to us by transcare :( Also all the truck numbers that start with 28-- are all the OLM*EMS units ( Monte North)