Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Mount Vernon's Old Mack C Rescue: How Did They Dispose Of It?

6 posts in this topic

Before FDMV purchased this rescue truck back in 1985, how did Mount Vernon dispose of the Old Mack C Rescue Truck (See Photo)? Did they auction off that truck for money? (I'd bet that back then they did). Does anyone know?

post-80-1218067138.jpg

Yes they did. I bid $311.00 and was out bid. She was in bad shape but ran. ;)

Yes! The rescue truck pictured was sold at auction by the city.

Looking at that picture and the firehouse behind it bring back many pleasant memories of the 60' and 70's. FDMV was the job and the Rescue Company the best assignment. I worked with some of the best FF's in Mount Vernon serving as a FF, Lt, and finally captain-company commander. A salute to all the men I worked with, and a salute to all who work their now under very trying conditions.

yes that rescue truck was sold at auction ,early 80's .

we used a dodge B300 van for maybe...3yrs .then we used a 1981 ford E350 box truckfor 6yrs,{still here] and running as support 1.The 1987 ford LN-8000 ran 24/7 for 20yrs.

Edited by mrfixit

Chief,back thenhow many guys were assigned to R1?Also were you guys sent on all MVA's, minor alarms etc?

That's when FDMV manned and ran a Rescue Co. the way it should be manned and run. Not like today. An officer and one man, what a joke!