taken on 8/10/08. sorry i'm not a pro when it comes to taking pics

Incident Alert earlier

post-128-1218402021.jpg

post-128-1218402027.jpg

post-128-1218402036.jpg

post-128-1218402043.jpg

Edited by jack10562
resized photos

do you know who built the DEP'S R.E.P. wagon's? i.e. odyssey auto or krammes etc.

Great shots of Stiloski's Peterbilt/Century 75-ton rotating boom wrecker in action!!

can't believe we still can't cross the dam because of water supply security, people are paid to sit there 24/7 yet a car managed to wind up in the water undetected for how long? I guess there is no price that can be put on the illusion of safety.

does anyone know how long this car has been there or if there is a path on the shoreline, i find it hard to believe that a car went off the road and the guardrail is still in perfect condition.

and as for the dam, i think that is the stupidest thing ever. not only are you wasting money to pay people to sit there everyday, who also don't do much i might add (because i can get to the resevoir from my house undetected and walk along it for miles) but now everyone has to drive through the small village of valhalla, which at rush hour is a pain in the a**

I'm not familiar anyone able to elaborate?

The car was not there due to an accident; suspicious circumstances are involved, if you know what I mean. Very interesting vehicle recovery though.

The car was not there due to an accident; suspicious circumstances are involved, if you know what I mean. Very interesting vehicle recovery though.

What kind of car was it?

Any idea how long it had been in the water?

Toyota big sedan, 1-2 years old. Unknown how long there before discovered/reported at 6AM.

does anyone know how long this car has been there or if there is a path on the shoreline, i find it hard to believe that a car went off the road and the guardrail is still in perfect condition.

and as for the dam, i think that is the stupidest thing ever. not only are you wasting money to pay people to sit there everyday, who also don't do much i might add (because i can get to the resevoir from my house undetected and walk along it for miles) but now everyone has to drive through the small village of valhalla, which at rush hour is a pain in the a**

it didn't go over the guardrail, it was driven down the path made for fisherman to access their boats.

as far as the dam, i see they nicely paved the roads of the dam. i did a table top drill with DEP and there were many unanswered questions, but the fact is that they did say there are still threats coming in with regards to the dam.

What kind of car was it?

Any idea how long it had been in the water?

as fire24 said it was a toyota, a toyota avalon to be more specific

and it was in the water less than 18 hours - my father is the one who found the car, and he was fishing the same spot about 18 hours prior and the water was clear. a duration of time more specific than that, i'm unsure of.

Edited by vacguy

Looks like DEP Police have really updated their equipment from the looks of the photo here and those back from the Fleet Demo Day.

Any other pictures of the new REPs or anything else?

Looks like DEP Police have really updated their equipment from the looks of the photo here and those back from the Fleet Demo Day.

Any other pictures of the new REPs or anything else?

nothing special just patrol cars, cep detectives and a pick up truck that was towing their marine unit. i have to crop them, but when i do i'll post them if you want

nothing special just patrol cars, cep detectives and a pick up truck that was towing their marine unit. i have to crop them, but when i do i'll post them if you want

vacguy,

If you could crop them and post them, that would be great.

Thanks.

DEP had two new REPs there that day - seemingly the same as NYPDs. There had to be at least 20 DEP vehicles there. They have definitely upgraded their equipment! Good for them! Stiloski's did a fantastic job from what I've heard too.