Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vtach39680

Ossining EMS: A Tax District?

7 posts in this topic

How can an EMT get a job there? I don't see anything posted anywhere.

It's about time that they get some real financing going, other than the proceeds of their annual fund drive and insurance billing. I'll gladly pay (a tax) to keep them afloat. I've donated all along.

The Village currently gives OVAC squat. nada. Imagine that... free EMS.

More or less status quo for the majority of Westchester's towns/villages and smaller cities. They want the world but are not willing to pay the freight.

You have fire districts for the same reasons as above, so why not EMS districts?

This is something that's been LONG overdue and am pleased to see Ossining taking this progressive step to ensure it's ambulance's are staffed.

Does anyone on here know if the option of putting the entire EMS / transport contract out to competitive bid had been explored ?

The real problem here is the fact that the towns and villages in this god forsaken county have yet to understand that EMS is a vital service, just as your PDs and FDs are. Until that happens, your going to have to fight tooth and nail and every single dollar. I'm not a big supporter of the volunteer system, but if OVAC can guarantee a reasonable response time (under 10 minutes) within its district 24/7/365 i would like to see them stay in business. I cringe every time a municipality looks to penny pinch by sub contracting out EMS. Would they ever look to sub contract out their PD or FD? Hell no.