Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Structure Fire - Falvey's Restaurant - Greene County

8 posts in this topic

post-128-1219564987.jpg

East Durham Fire and Durham Ambulance dispatched to a possible working fire on state route 23 around 11 in the morning. Upon arrival of East Durham command a 2nd alarm was transmited for Oak Hill Durham Fire for 1 ETA 1 Tanker and all available Interior Firefighters. At approx 1130 Am a third alarm was transmited for Cairo Fire Co with 1 ETA and all available Class A Firefighters. Durham Ambulance requested a seccond ambulance and a Paramedic Fly Car to the scene.

During interior attack all interior jobs were called off due to the collapsing, Durham Ambulance was requested to respond as well as Greene Medic 7 to the rear of the building for 2 Firefighters down. Both Firefighters were treated for Smoke inhalation and heat exaustion. Both were transported to Columbia Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.

post-128-1219565121.jpg

Cairo Fire and Oak Hill Fire

Edited by jack10562
Converted image files to JPG

First the Windhaven Pub and now Falvey's? WOW!

Where am I gonna get a good bite to eat?

Any takers on this one????

Asking for directions? :P

I was taught if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything! Maybe with some tact we can have a decent discussion about proper defensive tactics without bashing. I'd note there are a lot of recent fires on the web where defensive ops were lacking.

Edited by antiquefirelt

Is that a steel roof? I know up north alot of the new construction they are using those types or roof. What kind of problems do you run into with them? Are they harder to vent? How do you vent them? When and if you do dose it make the roof less stable? From the pixs the fire can not vent itself due to the roof. It looks like it blowing out some kind of vent, and the back under it. Just trying to make this a learning post. ;)