Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Interior Status

5 posts in this topic

This may have been a topic at a earlier date and I didnt see it.

What does your dept. require for you to be a interior FireFighter, and how do you maintain such status?

Is this method efficient in keeping FFs active, skills consistant and the fireground safe?

Edited by SPFC56-233

As far as i know all you need in Dobbs Ferry is to have completed your Firefighter 1 course

Millwood requires you to pass your physical, FF1 , be fit tested, and be current on your OSHA.

Our dept. has ALL interior Firefighters. You see, unlike down in NY, we REQUIRE that ALL Firefighters, Career OR Paid ON CALL, go through the Fire Academy. We actually send our members to 2 different ones. The paid on call go through the Fire District Academy, and the Career guys to the Massachusetts Fire Academy. From what I hear, District's Academy is 8 AM- 5 PM MON-FRI for I believe it's 16 weeks. I know it seems like alot, but remember we have different standards up here.

Now for the volunteers, they go to the District Academy as well. No one in our district with the exception of Worcester (I will have to confirm) has their own academy.

I know I'm sticking my nose here where I'm not always welcome. However, take a look outside your state, and see what else is out there.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman