Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

NYS Enhanced Drivers Licenses

7 posts in this topic

"The enhanced documents will include a U.S. Flag and the word "Enhanced" on the front of the document and a radio frequency identification tag (RFID) inside the document."

To make it easier for Big Brother to track your movements. I can see them now, using GPS to track CDL drivers to ensure compliance.

Just like finger printing and background checks for haz-mat drivers, these government programs have more to do with revenue enhancement than "security".

Remember the words of a wise man, He who gives up liberty for security will have neither.

Liberty? You don't have the right to have a license, you have the privledge because the state says you can. This is an established principle. While I think this is alittle over the top, its well within the rights of the government to do so.

An RFID device of the design embedded in a card only has a readable range of a few feet, at best.

To think that the chip's movement could be tracked by a satellite or otherwise, is silly.

"The enhanced documents will include a U.S. Flag and the word "Enhanced" on the front of the document and a radio frequency identification tag (RFID) inside the document."

To make it easier for Big Brother to track your movements. I can see them now, using GPS to track CDL drivers to ensure compliance.

Just like finger printing and background checks for haz-mat drivers, these government programs have more to do with revenue enhancement than "security".

Remember the words of a wise man, He who gives up liberty for security will have neither.

That "wise man" was Benjamin Franklin.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Absolutely one of my favorite quotes. However the key is essential liberty. An ID card with an RFID chip is not an essential liberty. Protection from illegal search and seizure, due process, privacy are essential liberties.

If you're not doing anything wrong you need not worry who knows where you are or when you're there! I say track on and let's not get back to the pre-9/11 mentality. If we try to be soft and fluffy and let our guard down, that's when we relive a nightmare which may be worse next time!