Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

metal=money $$$

5 posts in this topic

Two metro north supervisors from croton harmon "suspended without pay" for cashing in on scrap metal. Looks like some disciplinary action ahead for these two supervisors. Reminds me of something recently in the fire service. :blink:

Several months ago I took the two garbage bags full of scrap wire I had been collecting from jobs to the scrap yard. I was expecting to get $20-$30. To my surprise the two garbage bags got me $100. Since then I am more diligent in passing up any scrap wire I find around a job site.

Edited by SteveOFD

Can you just imagine how much money you could get if those garbage bags had a rescue truck in it????

Can you just imagine how much money you could get if those garbage bags had a rescue truck in it????

Not as much, last I checked, scrap steel went for 8 or 9 cents per one hundred pounds. Last I checked, #1 (clean) copper was about $2.85 per pound. It's a no brainer, copper is where the money is, that's why construction site's have had the copper plumbing stolen from within the walls.

From the Daily Freeman online:

TUSTEN - A man accused of cutting railroad signal wires to harvest the copper inside has been arrested, according to state police at Liberty.

Full story here:

Daily Freeman