Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abaduck

Bizarre 911/999 calls

8 posts in this topic

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/7616451.stm

"A woman dialled 999 because a rabbit she bought via a newspaper advert did not have floppy ears, Central Scotland Police have said. The force is urging the public not to dial 999 unless they are faced with a genuine emergency.

The reminder comes after operators, who receive 34,000 999 calls a year, said the number was being dialled for "wholly inappropriate reasons"."

Any other classics?

Mike

You got about a week??

I'll give you a somewhat recent one.

Had a drunk lady call up saying she was locked out of her apartment.

She stated she was butt naked and indecent exposure. She was naked, sexy, lovely, and (less than polite phrase for sexually aroused).

I was just wondering how she had the phone with her when she wasn't wearing a stitch of clothing.

I once had a person call up asking me what time it was.

On Sept. 11th, about two hours after the buildings came down, someone called asking me to send some firemen to check up on his dog.

If and when I ever write my book, you can be sure these and other stories will be included. Unfortunately, you can't properly title a book,

"You can't make this $*&% up!!!!" Maybe a chapter.

A woman called to report that two squirrels were fighting in the brook behind her house, keeping her awake.

I too could write a book as well, I wish I kept writing it all down.

A woman called to report that two squirrels were fighting in the brook behind her house, keeping her awake.

I too could write a book as well, I wish I kept writing it all down.

I had a Squirrel-related call yesterday!

Me: "911, where is the emergency?"

Guy: "Ummm, Liberty Street and... and... HEY WHAT STREET IS THIS? ...Stillwater. Liberty St and Stillwater."

Me: "Liberty Street at Stillwater Avenue, ok, what is the problem there"

Guy: "Well, there's a baby squirrel."

Me: "...and?"

Guy: "And... well, he ain't got no momma!"

Through clenched teeth I made sure there was no further ACTUAL emergency and gave him the phone number for animal control. :blink:

"Please respond for a man who states he was injured by a cracker."

...and he really did call for a cracker injury.

Had a woamn a few years back call our control center stating that there was a bear trespassing in her yard. (Mind you,this is in the heart of the Poconos). When asked what she would like done with the bear, she replied that she wanted it shot since it was trespasing in her yard and she didn't feel safe with it around. She further went on to state that she had just moved up from the Bronx and wanted to know how many other "dangerous creatures" to expect in her area. She was told that the bear was likely there long before she was and that no one would come out to shoot it for simply walking through her yard. She was offered the number to the local wildlife conservation officer which wasn't good enough because she wanted the police to be immediately sent over. She was transfered to the State Police who weren't laughing when she gave them the same routine. Go figure. :lol:

Numerous calls to Poughkeepsie 911 reporting deer or wild turkeys in yards....very common.

My favorite...from 7 years ago.

A house fire gutted a house on the lower north side of the city...several weeks later a young female called saying she could hear a beeping coming from the house. I sent the fire inspector to check it out and as I suspected, it was a CO alarm with a low battery inside chirping.

Several hours later she called back inquiring if we checked it out..I said we did, and it was "a cricket with a tiny little megaphone....."

Before I could tell her the real reason, she cherrfully said, "OK..thank you!" and hung up.....