Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ladder55

shea farewell

12 posts in this topic

i was at todays final game to the disapointing mets season. what a sad farewell to shea stadium

sad is an under statement

i was at todays final game to the disapointing mets season. what a sad farewell to shea stadium

Good sequel to last year :lol:

Good sequel to last year :lol:

must be a sox fan, we know how the Yankees fared

Edited by markmets415

Allthough I am not a Met fan I did enjoy watching Tom Seaver pitch. And who can forget the famous fight between Buddy Harrelson and Pete Rose.

I had two great memories there

#1. My dad got a ball hit by Harrelson in 1968.

#2. Playoffs against the D-backs when Todd Pratt went deep, I thought the place was coming down.

I was at the Pratt Home Run Game, with the Diamond Backs, I would have to agree, that was amazing

must be a sox fan, we know how the Yankees fared

Yankees fan, we all know the real stadium is in the Bronx.

My favorite memory of Shea Stadium... watching the Yankees celebrate their 26th World Series Title on that field. :P

My favorite memory of Shea Stadium... watching the Yankees celebrate their 26th World Series Title on that field. :P

Ban this member for taunting! :lol:

Good riddance to Shea Stadium. The Mets did very little there by way of winning championships over the years. I still have to hang on to 1986 and what I have heard about 1969 to have any faith in this team. Such losers!

To quote one of my boys from the hood, Simmah dah nah!!!

There's plenty of good memories of that ballpark to last me a life time, with the exception of a rainout a few weeks ago. I got to see Randy Johnson pitch, Mike Piazza play first base, the Mets when they were a dominating team in 1985. My first ever ballgame in 1979, meeting Cowbell Man and Mr. Met in the same game. Good times I tell ya.

Word leaked out last last night that part of the bail out package for Wallstreet was going to the Yanks so they can increase their payroll to 300 million. MLB and the team agreed that part of the revenue sharing will go back to the taxpayers, namely Yankee fans, who must fill out a voucher at the new Yankee stadium. You must be a season ticket holder to be qualified.

Edited by markmets415