Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CG206

Mohegan FD Switches Operation Frequencies

19 posts in this topic

Mohegan FD has switched all operations/apparatus responses from 46.26 to our district-wide frequency of 453.650. Individual members, not including officers, will continue to operate on the fire ground 1 frequency at alarms. The initial dispatch will be similcasted on 46.26 and LMFD district-wide and responding units will utilize the district-wide, similiar to how Peekskill FD is dispatched. Mohegan VAC continues to be dispatched and operate on 462.200

Thank Christ!!!!!

lol

Thank Christ!!!!!

"Priceless"!!!!!!!!

that's why I heard you guys talking on city of Poughkeepsies channel the other day. Thanks for the info!

ah some peace and quiet, almost as good as when Somers got off 46.260.

that's why I heard you guys talking on city of Poughkeepsies channel the other day. Thanks for the info!

So much for a discreet and private frequency huh?? LOL

I had to turn of my pager the other night due to all the dispatches. I live in Marlboro N.Y. and my City of Poughkeepsie pager picks up Mohegan dispatches and Poughkeepsie dispatches simultaneously. Can't really figure out what i'm gonna due now. I could use just the second alarm setting, but then i'd have no idea about whats going on when i'm off.

i didnt kno we were such pains in the asses haha :P

Still are.... Just on another frequency!!!!!!!

I am surprised you pick us up on your pager considering the PL's I think are different we cant hear you on our end we use to prior to switching to the freq

Mofire24,

You are Correct! :D

Lake Mohegan FD

DPL 251

City of Poughkeepsie FD

PL 136.5

Most pagers do not have PL's. If the pager is open then you can hear whatever is on the freq--if you are in range. I hear some unfamiliar broadcasts on the 453.275 link on my radio--with the pl. I can't figure out if my radio is messing up or whoever it in (upstate I think) is using the same PL.

PVFD,

You may be receiving Mohegan's repeater on 453.2750MHz with a DPL of 226. See this FCC list for others on this freq in NYS.

Steve--Thanks for the link.

I have all the correct PL's for the local stuff--I just can't figure out why I am hearing both LMFD's link to 26 as well as somewhere upstate on 453.275. On their district wide I hear Poughkeepsie but only when I have monitor on. This is a strange thing. I am thinking maybe they are using the same PL. I think the dispatchers numbers are n the 900's. Can't seem to catch the county though. They usually do a morning sign on station ID at around 8am.

PVFD,

Try searching the surrounding counties at RadioReference.com. Most listings provide the PL/DPL with the freq's.

Steve--Thanks for the link.

I have all the correct PL's for the local stuff--I just can't figure out why I am hearing both LMFD's link to 26 as well as somewhere upstate on 453.275. On their district wide I hear Poughkeepsie but only when I have monitor on. This is a strange thing. I am thinking maybe they are using the same PL. I think the dispatchers numbers are n the 900's. Can't seem to catch the county though. They usually do a morning sign on station ID at around 8am.

http://www.fdhf.net/page9.html

PVFD113 , I've heard the same thing at 8am and other times. It is Washington County New York. I'll Send you and SteveOFD a PM but the above link is how I'm sure.

I have heard from some that we step on Poughkeepsie just because of how strong our repeater is. The City of Poughkeepsie's tower is a 40w repeater, whereas ours is 100w. I am able to get the LMFD district-wide freq down by West. Med. Center.