Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Transcare's New Putnam County Vehicles

16 posts in this topic

I got these pictures from a buddy of mine, Bruce Fonseca, and he asked me to post them up here. It's the new Medic 4 and ambulance for the Transcare/Putnam County contract. (The fly car picts were taken with a camera phone, hence the fuzziness)

post-721-1223473706.jpg

post-721-1223473724.jpg

post-721-1223473770.jpg

post-721-1223473842.jpg

post-721-1223473877.jpg

post-721-1223473887.jpg

post-721-1223473903.jpg

post-721-1223473922.jpg

The "A" in Putnam on the back of PC-4 looks awfully strange.

Medic 1 and Medic 2 should be in next week. Both 2009 Ford explorers. I belive the paint and lettering will be the same as Medic 4's flycar

Medic 1 and Medic 2 should be in next week. Both 2009 Ford explorers. I belive the paint and lettering will be the same as Medic 4's flycar

The pictures are Escapes. Are they getting Explorers instead? They are nice looking but Escapes are very small. Our Medics are in full size Suburbans and they are stuffed to the gills.

Medic 4 got an Escape, Medics 1 & 2 are getting Explorers from what I have been told by bureau staff

gpdexplorer

The "A" in Putnam on the back of PC-4 looks awfully strange.

The "A" doesn't seem to be in italics like the rest. It could be the font though, as some fonts have some funny letters that don't want to appear like the rest.

I think that would be the number 4, not a letter A. But thats just me.

post-16311-1223490490.jpg

post-16311-1223490517.jpg

Great looking vehicles. Good luck with them. I don't think it would be a good idea to use the escape in Medic 2's territory. I remember at Sloper where we had a weighted down S10-Blazer and it couldn't get around some of the tough terrain in Put Valley in the bad weather.

I also wonder if a certian very tall medic is going over to Transcare to work in Putnam. I remember having to move medic trucks around so he could fit if the S10 was going to be where he worked. You would have to squeeze him into the Escape with a shoehorn.

Again, good luck. Of all the agencies that I've seen come and go in Putnam County, Transcare has the best chance of going in and doing it right.

These new transcare rigs look nice.I saw one the other day and I was wondering when somebody was gonna post the pics of them.

I also wonder if a certian very tall medic is going over to Transcare to work in Putnam. I remember having to move medic trucks around so he could fit if the S10 was going to be where he worked. You would have to squeeze him into the Escape with a shoehorn.

If you are reffering to EC, yes he got hired. He will be working Medic 3 mostly from what I understand.

Dosen't Transcare also do Yonkers?

No, Empress EMS does Yonkers and Mt. Vernon 911.

WHAT????!!!!! Whew...

Also like the Escape's...are they Hybrids cause that would be smart! Although hybrids don't do better when idling all the time. And who cares what the "A" looks like. These vehicles are there for a specific reason, to provide care to the sick and injured in a timely fashion! Thanks for the pics, but enough of the ridiculous posts about looks!

They do 911 for New Rochelle.

No, Empress EMS does Yonkers and Mt. Vernon 911.

sorry, thats what i meant to say

WHAT????!!!!! Whew...

Also like the Escape's...are they Hybrids cause that would be smart! Although hybrids don't do better when idling all the time. And who cares what the "A" looks like. These vehicles are there for a specific reason, to provide care to the sick and injured in a timely fashion! Thanks for the pics, but enough of the ridiculous posts about looks!

Oswego,

Sorry if my comment about the "A" seemed vein. I didn't mean for it to stir much discussion. I know that they will be used to help the sick and injured and we all know that these vehicles will be a second home to many, so the "A" doesn't really matter. It was just something I noticed, I wasn't trying to make it seem as if that was the only thing I cared about. As long as they keep their crews safe, I could really care less what was written.