Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eckyphats

Trumbull, CT Truck vs House w/ extrication 10/10/08

21 posts in this topic

What else hit that thing!

driver swerved at last minute right before impact, bounced the truck back about 20 feet, I would say he was moving...

What else hit that thing!

Yeah wow what happened to that truck , what did it get run over by a tank?

Seems like Trumbull has handled an unusual amount of extrication jobs lately!

Seems like Trumbull has handled an unusual amount of extrication jobs lately!

yeah theres been about 8 or 9 in town in the last 2 months

in a related note we also removed the same guy from a wreck back in December when he slammed a tree.....

12-31-07carvstree.jpg

I wonder if his insurance company will reward him with another new truck?

Maybe he thought a Chevy would work better than a Dodge against Stationary objects...

Just a guess his insurance carrier will be "hand delivering" the cancellation notice. I don't think they want to chance this guy driving through the office.. :lol:

Next Vehicle: a bicycle with training wheels..

Great job by the FD..

Edited by smwells

Maybe he thought a Chevy would work better than a Dodge against Stationary objects

Maybe he should try a ford next .

Wow, that about sums up those shots! Nice pics by the way! I would also say that there was extensive speed involved to get that end result. Was this in a small neighborhood? Looks like a quiet street. I have family that live in Trumbull and it looks an awful lot like their street.

So, 2 serious mva's for this guy in less than a year? Yeah, insurance company will not be to happy. Was he DUI or what? First a telephone pole in daylight and then a HOUSE, again in daylight. In both incidents, looked to be clear days with normal driving conditions.

Thank god this guy ain't driving a tank he would kill some one

Wow, that about sums up those shots! Nice pics by the way! I would also say that there was extensive speed involved to get that end result. Was this in a small neighborhood? Looks like a quiet street. I have family that live in Trumbull and it looks an awful lot like their street.

So, 2 serious mva's for this guy in less than a year? Yeah, insurance company will not be to happy. Was he DUI or what? First a telephone pole in daylight and then a HOUSE, again in daylight. In both incidents, looked to be clear days with normal driving conditions.

very quiet street... lets just say that "something" has contributed to both crashes..

what street does your family live on? if your ever in trumbull feel free to swing by the firehouse....

eckyphats...cant remember the name of their street, its been a year or so since ive been there. Its my cousin and her husband that live there. He actually works for DPW in Fairfield and is very into hot rods & Harleys.

Next time im in the neighborhood, i'll try and swing by the FD, thanks for the invite!

eckyphats...cant remember the name of their street, its been a year or so since ive been there. Its my cousin and her husband that live there. He actually works for DPW in Fairfield and is very into hot rods & Harleys.

Next time im in the neighborhood, i'll try and swing by the FD, thanks for the invite!

You didn't happen to stop into Bridgeport's Fire Headquarters a few years back? I remember hearing of a guy from Buchanan stopping in.

FFNick....haha that is to funny, but no it wasnt me. Perhaps it was our Capt., he is an avid patch collector.

FFNick....haha that is to funny, but no it wasnt me. Perhaps it was our Capt., he is an avid patch collector.

Could be. Whoever it was traded patches with one of our guys, and he now has a Buchanan "Prepared To Protect" patch on his locker. The member from Buchanan was there for a softball game next door - we never got a name. I laughed when I saw it, because I'm from Verplanck.

Edited by FFNick

FFNick...im just surprised that one of our guys knew how to get out of the Tri-Village lol! Ill have to ask around, but patches & softball sounds like it may be our Capt.

Take care

And that's what they say about the 'Point. "Surprised he could get past the flood gate!"