17 posts in this topic

Just a few shots showing our new tanker and the old tanker

post-16297-1224330832.jpg

Together on delivery day

post-16297-1224330845.jpg

The new 69-31

post-16297-1224330854.jpg

The old 69-31 on pickup day at the Pierce plant after refurb -1988

Hey I really like the new tanker. I know you have had it for a few years, but she still looks pretty. I love the blue too. Hey what are the specifics on both tankers? Year, make, model, info on it? Thanks for sharing.

Thomas

New tanker is a 2007 International Chassis and a Smeal Body, it carries 3000 gallons with a 1250 pump and has three 10' dumps and carries full set of hand tools as well as SCBA, two 3" fills at rear with 2 1/2" storz fittings for easy connect/disconnect at fill site. Fold down racks for porta tank and ladders, preconnected deck gun, 500' of 5" supply line, chimney fire kit and rear camera for backing.

Old Tanker was a 1974 Ford Cab over, that was refurbed in 1988 by Pierce, carried 2000 gals of water and had a 250 gpm pump, had 3-10" dumps, carried two porta tanks and 500' of 3" hose, it was a water hauler only, but it served the rural area of the Harlem Valley and CT. for 33 years very well.

Edited by markmets415

here is a picture of the old tanker before refurb.

post-16297-1224339004.jpg

Edited by markmets415

Wow the old tanker looks alot different in the before and after pics. The new tanker is awesome too I love how that looks.

Edited by texastom791

Pic of New Tanker at the FDIC show

post-16297-1224339332.jpg

Wow the old tanker looks alot different in the before and after pics.

Yeah Pierce did an awesome job, when it came home alot of people did not believe it was actually the same truck. One other note it was our first blue truck and the start of the blue crew. The blue color was taken from another upstate dept. named Peru, we saw their Pierce/Lance pumper at the NYS Chief's show in 88 and took pics and brought them back to the membership and the rest is history.

Edited by markmets415

This makes it easier to see them together, before and after.

post-16297-1224339677.jpg

post-16297-1224339696.jpg

Yeah Pierce did an awesome job, when it came home alot of people did not believe it was actually the same truck. One one other note it was our first blue truck and the start of the blue crew. The blue color was taken from another upstate dept. named Peru, we saw their Pierce/Lance pumper at the NYS Chief's show in 88 and took pics and brought them back to the membership and the rest is history.

That's great thanks for sharing.

Awesome piece of equipment! Best of luck with it!

Nice Job!!! That's a handsome Tanker, and it isn't even red!!! I like the blue!!!!!

Very nice tanker, good work.

thanks, the committee spent alot of time and field trips around the area and to shows to see what other depts were using and doing and the end result is a very well laid out tanker that is very functional.

Those are some really cool pictures of the old tanker. I also love then new tanker, it looks awesome and from what I have read it has been highly praised due to its functionality.

We have only used the tanker a few times (not a bad thing), once in district and it has performed excellent.

We have always used our tankers more on mutual aid runs than in district. My avatar photo (photo by Ed Harvey) shows the new tanker dumping water at a live burn in Lakeville CT.

I have been waiting for signman to chime in here as he was the truck committee chair for the tanker and did 95% of the work on the specs.

Edited by markmets415

We have only used the tanker a few times (not a bad thing), once in district and it has performed excellent.

We have always used our tankers more on mutual aid runs than in district. My avatar photo (photo by Ed Harvey) shows the new tanker dumping water at a live burn in Lakeville CT.

I have been waiting for signman to chime in here as he was the truck committee chair for the tanker and did 95% of the work on the specs.

:rolleyes: O.K. MARK, HERE YOU GO. Three long years in the making. we visited many other fire companies in two states, to see what was out there. WOW !! we took our needs, other ideas from others, We had many vendors, that could built a tanker for us, but as time moved on, one by one , they couldn't do this, couldn't do that. Some tried to sell us something that wouldn't even work for us. One vendor did do what we asked. :rolleyes: thank you. Just ask an i will try to answer your questions.