Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

Fairchester Hose Haulers Muster At Valhalla Dam

13 posts in this topic

Who Remembers The Wonderful Fire Musters Organized By The Fairchester Hose Haulers Held At The Valhalla Dam Site And Later Moved To Croton Point Park ? These Were GREAT Events Enjoyed By Many And I Wish This Event Could Be Revived Again For Those That Appreciate Antique Fire Apparatus And Good Times :-)

post-409-1224342953.jpg

post-409-1224342990.jpg

post-409-1224343042.jpg

Many great memories of that muster...wish it were still around.

OK john did you just wake up from a deep sleep or did you finally clean out your attic and find that hidden box of great photos. Good to see you posting and letting some of us old farts I mean veteran firefighters remember " the good old days" and show this kids the way it was. <_<

Many great memories of that muster...wish it were still around.

Seeing this thread reminded me of attending the muster. I still have a beer mug with their logo on it from one of the musters. The flea market was second to none. You could find just about anything you wanted.

Thanks for sharing the photos John. The Kenisco Dam in the background with the reflecting pool, made the Valhalla muster the most picturesque muster in the country. In its hay-day, the muster drew over 100 antique apparatus and flea market vendors. As vice president of FHHA, I was honored to chair one of the last events held at Croton Point Park.

EMTBravo Fire Muster? :D

I remember the last one at Croton Point Park,

it was a lot of fun.

Anyone have any more photos to post ? I love seeing these classic photos of old musters from Westchester. I have a set of slides that I won off of ebay from the 1980 muster that TR54 is going to scan for me hopefully this coming week. Will post them as soon as they are done.

OK john did you just wake up from a deep sleep or did you finally clean out your attic and find that hidden box of great photos. Good to see you posting and letting some of us old farts I mean veteran firefighters remember " the good old days" and show this kids the way it was.

Hi Angelo,

I'm Fully Retired Now As I Just Closed My Police-Fire-EMS Store In Morris Plains, NJ And I'm Indexing And Sorting Public Safety Photos Photos I've Taken Thru The Years And Discovered I Have About 40,000 Negatives And 30,000 Slides So

There Will BE MANY MORE Postings On EMTBravo, As Long As The Demand Is There :-) I Have Purchased Several Large Collections Over The Past Ten (10) Years And Have Also Been Fortunate Enough To Have Many Images Taken By Louis Kelter, Jr. From New Jersey, Joel Woods And Howard Miele From Maryland. And YES, It Was ' The Good Old Days ' When We ALL Enjoyed Firefighting, Buffing, Musters, BS And The Like :-) I'm Now Into Old Cars And Just Finished A Ground Up Restoration Of A 1965 Dodge Coronet Police Car With Period Correct Equipment ( i.e. Motorola Radio, Motorola Whip Antenna, Federal Model 17 Revolving Light, Siren ) And Black And White Paint Scheme. This Winter I Will Begin A Long Put-Off Auto Restoration, A 1973 Dodge Polara FDNY Battalion Wagon. I'm Still Searching For Period Correct Equipment And I'll Have To Consult With The Maestro Of FDNY History, Honorary Deputy Chief Jack Lerch To Make Sure My Restoration Is Accurate :-) Til Next Time, Stay Healthy And Work Safe Angelo !!!!

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your vintage photos.

I think I can safely say for most everyone here that we all love to see these old shots!

Keep 'Em Coming!

Joyce (x621) says HI!

Good to see you around on the boards!

take care

Jack

Oh how I loved being the "horsepower" in the manual pump competition at the Kensico muster. I long for those June days.

Wow Carmel's Buckeye in action never seen shots of that before awesome pics.

Edited by texastom791

WOW! Those pictures bring me back...I remember going to the Valhalla Muster as a young kid with all the Belltown old timers and the 1949 Mack (which they still have in a storage bay behind the station). Those were some good times and I remember Belltown's 49 taking the arena pumping trophy home many a year. Someone in a previous post hit the nail on the head when they said that Kensico Dam was the most picturesque backdrop for a muster in the country.

JVC