Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdc202

Arlington 2nd Alarm - Now w/Photos

14 posts in this topic

Anyone with info on the 2nd alarm in Arlington?

44 Crestwood Blvd. City of Poughkeepsie and La Grange is there. Building Inspector and Central Hudson and Red Cross to the scene. A member from here is there. He is mad that I didn't tell him it was happening, lol.

Thomas

Edited by DOC22

44 Crestwood Blvd. / off Marple

Arlington and the City working.

32- 11,14,16,46,52

City Eng.

Anything further on the FF whose radio was sending a distress signal? I think it City of Poughkeepsie portable.

Anything further on the FF whose radio was sending a distress signal? I think it City of Poughkeepsie portable.

Not quite sure what the cause was, but I got on scene about 2 minutes after DC911 transmitted the distress alarm, and there was no apparent issue.

Another guy from here beat me to the scene, and got a few shots during roof vent ops, main body was k/d, and venting done by time I arrived, with little if any smoke left. I grabbed a few pictures during overhaul, but nothing spectacular.

Special thanks go out to DCJPells for being very inviting and bringing us up to the front lines for pictures.

Will post pictures later tonight, I do not have my card reader readily available.

It was the City Of Pougkeepsie Portable 2b, I believe. But didn't hear any further. The DC 911 Dispatcher sounded very worried when he was calling Arlington Command and telling him about it. Does anyone know how it works??? Sounded like a push button alarm on a portable. Arlington Command called for the Water Department.

Thomas

I found out the reason for the Water Department is that they can't get a hydrant closed, witch really sucks. Just a question DC 911 is calling the Town Police to call the Water Department, why is that? Wouldn't they just be able to call someone direct? Also, here is a link to some photos on Poughkeepsie Journal web site.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pb...Params=Itemnr=1

Thomas

Edited by TAPSJ

I found out the reason for the Water Department is that they can't get a hydrant closed, witch really sucks. Just a question DC 911 is calling the Town Police to call the Water Department, why is that? Wouldn't they just be able to call someone direct?

In many Towns/Villages/Cities, the PD keeps track of Water/Highway/DPW staff who are on call on nights/weekends. In many Towns/Cities (not all), PD is responsible for determining when personnel are called back in for snow/plowing.

The few half-decent pictures I got:

Looking at the #4/1 side of the house. Fire was in the 2nd floor

IMG_3944.jpg

Looking South on Crestwood, we see 32-11, 32-46 behind -11, 32-14., and 32-52

IMG_3961.jpg

AFD Deputy Chief Pells looks on as overhaul operations go on

IMG_3949.jpg

AFD Deputy Chief Pells consults with Firefighters during overhaul operations

IMG_3960.jpg

An AFD FF comes out after suppression operations, during overhaul ops

IMG_3948.jpg

AFD FF Tarquinio after suppression operations, during overhaul ops

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

was pleasant vally there with their fast team because i heard they had a team with their rescue on standby

was pleasant vally there with their fast team because i heard they had a team with their rescue on standby

The only apparatus I saw on scene were 32-2, -6, -11, -14, -16, -46, -67, and City of Poughkeepsie E-2

PV was operating with their rescue at an auto accident when AFD's fire went out. DC911 offered New Hamburg's FAST (which is southern Arlington's FAST) but command elected to call Poughkeepsie Engine 2 due to their proximity to the scene.