Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rogue Rescue

New rescue 204 in Adelaide Australia.

17 posts in this topic

Been around for a little while now but these photos are before it went into service. It has since had a new crane fitted.

Scania 94D, the only full heavy rescue in the city.

post-13583-1224548596.jpg

post-13583-1224548632.jpg

post-13583-1224548651.jpg

post-13583-1224548700.jpg

post-13583-1224548721.jpg

post-13583-1224548744.jpg

post-13583-1224548768.jpg

post-13583-1224548797.jpg

post-13583-1224548820.jpg

post-13583-1224548904.jpg

post-13583-1224548927.jpg

post-13583-1224548949.jpg

post-13583-1224548973.jpg

post-13583-1224548998.jpg

post-13583-1224549023.jpg

post-13583-1224549050.jpg

That's Quite A Vehicle!!!! Very Well Set Up And Well Organized!!! Great Photos! Thanks For Sharing!!!!!

I have to agree...

VERY WELL SET UP!

Do we worry more about how "Good" it looks rather

than how well it's set up?

I will take a Work Horse over a

Parade Truck anyday!

That thing looks awsome!

I will take a Work Horse over a Parade Truck anyday!

EXACTLY RWC.

Surely alot of planning went into the layout and setup this vehicle, WELL DONE!!!!

Nice rig - an excellent way to maximize as much space as necessary while keeping the rig relatively small. Makes the whole rescue tiller look awfully stupid. Nice touch with the Palfinger setup. Any idea on how much a rig like that costs?

Here is the rig it replaced in action a few years ago in our first due. It was used to stabilise the vehicle upside down on the edge of a gorge whilst crews extricated the patient.

Not sure on the cost, the pumpers on the same chassis are about $400,000 Australian so take off the cost of the pump and plumbing etc, maybe $350,000.

post-13583-1224647240.jpg

post-13583-1224647260.jpg

Great pictures!

I see your operating personnel wear fluorescent / reflective high-visibility vests in addition to their turnout gear whilst working the accident scene. Smart move.

As a reminder, that's something which will becoming a requirement, here, very soon:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=27656

Thanks.

Yes it has been a requirement to wear a vest when working on or near the road here since i can remember.

Rogue Rescue is it also a requirement to have the cheverons on the back of the truck too?

Here is the rig it replaced in action a few years ago in our first due. It was used to stabilise the vehicle upside down on the edge of a gorge whilst crews extricated the patient.

Not sure on the cost, the pumpers on the same chassis are about $400,000 Australian so take off the cost of the pump and plumbing etc, maybe $350,000.

post-13583-1224647240.jpg

post-13583-1224647260.jpg

I've never seen a rig with a crane on it before. That's awesome!! What are the capabilities of the crane and what type of incidents has it been used at? Does it need extra stabilizing of the truck?

I've never seen a rig with a crane on it before. That's awesome!! What are the capabilities of the crane and what type of incidents has it been used at? Does it need extra stabilizing of the truck?

If you look at the bottom pic there are outriggers on the truck.

texastom791

It is a requirement to have a small band of chevrons on all trucks in australia now but as for having them across the whole back of a fire appliance there are several being trialled at the moment, i will try get some pics.

Billy

As texastorm791 pointed out yes the crane has outriggers, it can lift about 5tonne from memory, so most cars could be lifted. I have seen the crane used 3 times myself all for stabilizing cars, one was up in a tree, also could be used for USAR type work. It runs out of the city to fires as backup and RIT, also attends all Vehicle accident rescues in the city and has Hazmat capabilities. It has 4 SCBAs or as we call them CABAs, rope rescue, Heavy rescue kit, USAR gear, lighting, saws, plasma cutter, TIC, etc.

Billy Ferrara makes a truck with a crane on it or what looks like a crane . http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus/strong_arm/index.html

Thats the Ferrara strong arm, mostly a firefighting nozzle on an arm that can pierce walls, roofs etc, they can lift things though i beleive, like patients in stokes etc...

Thats the Ferrara strong arm, mostly a firefighting nozzle on an arm that can pierce walls, roofs etc, they can lift things though i beleive, like patients in stokes etc...

That's pretty cool.Most of the new deliveries on the page for the strong arm are going to Turkey or China so I guess it must be useful in like cleanup after earthquakes maybe because it looks like it would be able to move rubble farley easy.

Here's a Rescue vehicle from Phoenix Arizona with a Crane