Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Tyler No Longer The Pierce Dealer For Lower Hudson Valley...

4 posts in this topic

Firematic Expands Pierce Dealership Territory in New York State

October 17, 2008 (E. Yaphank, NY) Firematic Supply Co. Inc. announces the expansion of their sales and service business into the counties of Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, and Westchester in the State of New York. Pierce Mfg. Inc. authorized the territory expansion for Firematic as one of their Platinum Level Dealers for Pierce Fire Apparatus, effective October 17, 2008.

Firematic Supply Co Inc is a leading Fire Apparatus Sales and Service marketer of apparatus and equipment to America’s first responders.

Firematic Supply Co Inc has been servicing the Fire, Police and Rescue industries since 1961, with facilities in East Yaphank, NY, Rocky Hill, CT and Sterling, MA. Firematic has represented Pierce Mfg, Inc. on Long Island and NYC since 1980, and in the State of CT since 1996. Firematic also manufactures the B.R.A.T. Brush Rapid Attack Truck and the Porta-CAFS foam system.

It was just a matter of time--best of luck to Firematic. Maybe they can win back some of the previous Pierce departments that were not fans of Tyler.

One of Firematics main guys is originally from Carmel NY. He has wanted to sell apparatus to our area for years. I hope they are given a fair chance up here. I have talked to them a few times and they are like night and day compared to (some) of the people at Tyler

Pierce has a great product. I think what hurt them the most was Tyler's after-the-sale service, which was lacking the area. Mobile Service vans don't always cut it. Also, Tyler really didn't market the Contender line.