Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

New Development in SCBAs

11 posts in this topic

It looks kinda like a back pack that's just filled up with air.One of the features that I thought was cool was that when you bent over it was flexible and allowed you almost free range of motion.I guess we'll have to wait a few years like the guy said to see what we think .

It looks kinda like a back pack that's just filled up with air.One of the features that I thought was cool was that when you bent over it was flexible and allowed you almost free range of motion.I guess we'll have to wait a few years like the guy said to see what we think .

\.

.my question is durability it looks kinda flimsy/ possibly can be punctured

I was also thinking that. It looks like a nail in a stud would "pop" it.

my question is durability it looks kinda flimsy/ possibly can be punctured

I thought that as well it looks like it can be ripped or torn very easily I don't know if I really like it I just like how it gave you some more range of motion.

\.

.my question is durability it looks kinda flimsy/ possibly can be punctured

There are some better pictures showing the actual construction here:

Visit My Website

Seeing as how the cylinders are a high tech thermoplastic elastomer, wrapped with aramid fibers, then wrapped with carbon, I don't see them being punctured all that easily.

Pretty neat concept.

This is a fairly specific situation, but every time I've been in a class A burn, the instructors have made a point to show us what a downed brother or sister looks like in the fire room on a thermal imaging camera. The SCBA bottle is what I've been taught to look for, it will stick out right away. I'm just curious as to how this new SCBA would look under similar situations. Because there are multiple smaller cylinders within a protective covering would it even show up?

I'll take two - one for the fire truck, one for the dive boat :D

can they be refilled on scene though? Or do you have to carry 3 for every firefighter on the rig.

it looks thin but i like how it weighs and holds more air than a typical scba. im sure they will make many more changes before releasing it.