Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Fire Chief arrested in $1 Mil Wal-Mart Theft

5 posts in this topic

2 Police officers also arrested

Cops estimate Wal-Mart theft ring's take could approach $1M

TOWN OF NEWBURGH — By the time the counting and indicting are through, Orange County's accused Wal-Mart thieves could be approaching a million-dollar crew.

That's what authorities are estimating, based on the prices listed for stolen items sold on eBay, activity on the suspects' Paypal accounts, an inventory from seven search warrants and new leads that are cropping up in the wake of four arrests Tuesday and Wednesday.

Another suspect, Bryan Dunn, was caught on a surveillance tape on Sept. 29 stashing some of the stolen goods in his Maybrook Fire Department vehicle, according to a complaint filed in Newburgh Town Court by Investigator Gary Cooper of the district attorney's office.

Dunn is an assistant fire chief in the volunteer department. He had permission to use the vehicle to get to and from his job at Wal-Mart, fire Chief Charles Woznick said on Wednesday.

Edited by JetPhoto

I wonder if the Chief's vehicle was seized as part of the investigation?

what are these people sick in the head police officers and a fireman i hope they get lock up for a long time and never get

there jobs back

what are these people sick in the head police officers and a fireman i hope they get lock up for a long time and never get

there jobs back

A volunteer chief and a company vehicle should be kicked out of company. Why make a big deal he was a chief a crook is more what i would call him