Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

EBay Slowdown?

8 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or has E-Bay been hit by the recession?

I've put numerous items up, and relisted at deep discounts, and I'm not getting any bids. Usually, these type of items end up in "bidding wars", with me getting a very fare price.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is it just me, or has E-Bay been hit by the recession?

I've put numerous items up, and relisted at deep discounts, and I'm not getting any bids. Usually, these type of items end up in "bidding wars", with me getting a very fare price.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

What exactly are you selling? I'm into custom HO scale model locomotives and there has been a shortage of those as of late.

I think is because there just isn't any money in peoples pockets to spend

I also know that there were many ebay users who jumped to other formats when they stopped sellers from having the ability to leave negative feedback to buyers.

I also know that there were many ebay users who jumped to other formats when they stopped sellers from having the ability to leave negative feedback to buyers.

Yeah, and I hate the fact it's "fee-bay" as well. I find it the best way though to sell my items, due to it's convience and broad reach.

Also, what's up with they don't let you leave negative feedback anymore? I had two buyers bid on an item, and then pull out after winning, one citing she "wanted to shop around more". That screwed me, because I had to relist the item and wait more time for needed $$$. And, there's no way for me to note this on her feedback, I have to go through the "Unpaid Item" resolution system.

Yeah, and I hate the fact it's "fee-bay" as well. I find it the best way though to sell my items, due to it's convience and broad reach.

Also, what's up with they don't let you leave negative feedback anymore? I had two buyers bid on an item, and then pull out after winning, one citing she "wanted to shop around more". That screwed me, because I had to relist the item and wait more time for needed $$. And, there's no way for me to note this on her feedback, I have to go through the "Unpaid Item" resolution system.

As a seller as well, I can see where you are coming from, but this is really for the best. This new system will allow buyers to leave honest feedback without the fear of retaliation. There have been many times that I felt a seller deserved negative feedback but did not leave it because I was afraid of receiving a negative feedback in return. I think this new system will lead to more honest and helpful feedback.

Well since the change in feedback I have had numerous non paying bidders when prior I probably had 3 the entire time I was ebyer for the years prior to it. So its not working. Even if someone leaves you negative feedback you can reply to it, there were much better ways for ebay to solve the problem instead now I'm getting 2 to 4 non payers often a month when I am selling heavly.

What exactly are you selling? I'm into custom HO scale model locomotives and there has been a shortage of those as of late.

Just so you know there is a model train club in Kingston doing shows every weekend in Nov. its the Hudson valley model train club...or something like that. its right next to the YMCA