Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Vernon Ladder Status as of 11-17-08

33 posts in this topic

Well, a White Plains ladder ended up in Mount Vernon and Eastchester was the second due, so.....

Mount Vernon's total lack of caring for its infrastructure is almost criminal. You have fire stations literally condemned, obsolete trucks, 30 year old DPW equipment and an archaic Police fleet. What total mismanagement.

When I went to sign up for the Police Officer exam, I parked in that garage right at City Hall......some of the offical vehicles in there were older then I am (23). Plus the decrpit looking police cars so covered in dirt and dust on the bottom floor was scary.

We have been running only one truck for 3 weeks now, 4-5 days with no trucks, they took ladder2 and rode as a ground ladder platform only. This is without a doubt the most we'll use outside resources and not address or own needs situation I've ever seen. This is not new to us but this is the lowest time for this job I remember. All negative, nothing positive, and I really dont see a light at the end of the tunnel. All the outside towns and cities should speak up and demand an accounting from the top of FDMV on how the He}} we got this bad. I Only pray some of our guys dont need that stick , that we dont have. I'm sure though the poeple that run this circus will tell you everything is alright. Its not my fault, I only follow orders, its somebody's fault but not mine. Oh I forgot EMTBravo is to blame, if it were not for this forum all this would be okay.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.