Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medic929

Ossining VAC Referendum For Tax District: Did It Pass?

7 posts in this topic

Did Ossining pass the tax district request for OVAC? If so how many ambulance are they running now during the day and at night? Are they paid or volley? Is the TriVillage contract with Briarcliff and Croton going to be affect by this?

Did Ossining pass the tax district request for OVAC? If so how many ambulance are they running now during the day and at night? Are they paid or volley? Is the TriVillage contract with Briarcliff and Croton going to be affect by this?

I believe the referendum did pass for OVAC. Not sure how many buses they are running and I believe they have both vol and paid.

If I'm not mistaken, The Ossining Town board has adopted a resolution supporting creation of the District at their Oct 14th town board meeting, and allocated $395,250, however the public hearings have not been concluded, nor has the permissive referendum been scheduled. The Village of Ossining Board of Trustees also has to consent.

Here is a link to the Town of Ossining Ambulance District Plan:

http://www.townofossining.com/docs/townboa...t_Plan-0908.pdf

The Corps has paid and volunteer Medics on staff as well as about 50 OVAC volunteers, who are EMT"S, drivers, and first aider's.

I believe Phelps still sponsors the Tri-Community Area Fly Car Service.

If I'm not mistaken, The Ossining Town board has adopted a resolution supporting creation of the District at their Oct 14th town board meeting, and allocated $395,250, however the public hearings have not been concluded, nor has the permissive referendum been scheduled. The Village of Ossining Board of Trustees also has to consent.

Here is a link to the Town of Ossining Ambulance District Plan:

http://www.townofossining.com/docs/townboa...t_Plan-0908.pdf

The Corps has paid and volunteer Medics on staff as well as about 50 OVAC volunteers, who are EMT"S, drivers, and first aider's.

I believe Phelps still sponsors the Tri-Community Area Fly Car Service.

Phelps was the original sponser, however, over the years, that association has become increasing independant. OVAC has paid and volunteer Paramedics as well as paid and volunteer EMT's. The T.D. will provide salary for 3 EMT's, 2 Medics, round the clocks.

Phelps was the original sponser, however, over the years, that association has become increasing independant. OVAC has paid and volunteer Paramedics as well as paid and volunteer EMT's. The T.D. will provide salary for 3 EMT's, 2 Medics, round the clocks.

Based on those numbers, that would put 1 ALS rig , 1 BLS rig and the Tri-Community Fly-Car on 24/7. That's great, but what's the fate of the volunteers going to be? Where do they fit in and what's the point of calling it OVAC anymore?

I am in no way intending to start a fight or to flame anyone, it's a legitimate question of interest.

I understand they roll with a flycar and bls ambulance to Briarcliff and croton due they bill also?

Based on those numbers, that would put 1 ALS rig , 1 BLS rig and the Tri-Community Fly-Car on 24/7. That's great, but what's the fate of the volunteers going to be? Where do they fit in and what's the point of calling it OVAC anymore?

I am in no way intending to start a fight or to flame anyone, it's a legitimate question of interest.

OVAC has been fighting a losing battle with recruitment and retention, like many, many other organizations.