Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - Grant Street - City of Poughkeepsie FD 11/28/08 M/A from Arlington and Fairview

8 posts in this topic

Arlington and Fairview responded under mutual-aid to the City of Poughkeepsie FD for a reported structure fire on Grant Street. The City was tied up at another incident and upon the arrival of the M/A companies they had an active fire on the first floor of a ~20 x 40 two-story wood frame dwelling....... The fire was quickly knocked down with minimal damage to the structure. The house was vacant (For Sale) and unfurnished which was a factor in the fires slow spread and thus minimal damage...... I was going to turn around and go home when the report was given that the fire was knocked but I figured I need the shooting practice....... I figured I'd post these...... It was a busy few minutes for the PFD and DC fire dispatchers if you were monitoring...........

426445390_PVuwJ-XL.jpg

Arlington 32-46 and Fairview 41-11 had the front of the structure....

426445557_APdko-XL-1.jpg

City of Poughkeepsie Accountability Officer Mark Johnson (L) goes over his accountability board as firefighters complete overhauling the building.....

426447746_a8iYE-XL-1.jpg

Firefighters begin breaking down their lines......

426448059_YFL8X-XL-1.jpg

Arlington firefighter Tompkins returns a ground ladder to Arlington 32-46

426446574_KmuRC-XL-1.jpg

Arlington Captain Jim Snyder and firefighters Moore and Bohack discuss the incident.....

Edited by Photounit

Bill great shots as usually, I can never get over how clear and detailed the pics are, helmet is off to you brother!!!!

I was going to turn around and go home when the report was given that the fire was knocked but I figured I need the shooting practice.......

Bill WHATCHUMEAN???????? You don't need the practice!!!!! Seriously, though, once again, GREAT SHOTS, BILL!!!!!!!

Bill WHATCHUMEAN???????? You don't need the practice!!!!! Seriously, though, once again, GREAT SHOTS, BILL!!!!!!!

Thanks guys......... I shoot in Hi-Def - or at least I try....... ;) And yes, I do need the practice....... I use every opportunity I have to hone my skills and try new ideas...... Now if I could only figure out how to get some sleep so I can go to work on more than 15 minutes sleep..... :(:blink:

Edited by Photounit

Nice job Bill. Good teamwork Fairview and Arlington covering the city. Good thing the other job was a pizza box in the hallway (I thought I heard that) That could have changed up preplans a little.