Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Rye Wins Second State Championship in a row

13 posts in this topic

Rye defeated Oneida 16-12 today in Syracuse for their second championship in a row, their 3rd in 4 years!!!

Wow... so happy to see that happen. I guess Harrison just can't keep up now-a-days with Rye :P Go Garnets!

Don't get too excited, rumor has it we move up to class A next year, that's Harrison, Port Chester, Mamaroneck, Yonkers, Fox Lane.....

Good job Rye (I have been at all three state championship victories).

I hate Rye...

Because of football? Or because we never leave the door open when you come to stand by? :P

Congrats Rye, And Good Luck in Class "A" your gonna face some good teams.

Edited by ENG47INE

I thought Class A/B/C/etc. was decided by school population? Does the current 8th grade class at RMS have an unusual amount of kids?

What class you are in is determined by either your HS size or your district size.

What class you are in is determined by either your HS size or your district size.

I just heard due to budgets and wanting to cut down on travel expenses the way it will be next year is the determination will first made by location than school size. Again, I heard this second hand. Thanks

Andy

They dtermine population and class sizes from the 9-11th grade which would mean the upcoming 8th graders and yes it is a big class coming up.

Congrats Rye!!!! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys seem to know a lot about teamwork!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Because of football? Or because we never leave the door open when you come to stand by? :P

Mainly because of football... climbing through a window for a stand by is a distant second.

2002: 35-15 Harrison AND 28-7 Harrison ;)

JBJ