Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yfd910

Jobs in Fairfield.........

6 posts in this topic

Question for anyone who knows the answer....

I have a friend from Greenwich, CT who is wondering how to go about applying for a job with the FD.....

Is it a County test? City, State?

Does anyone have any info for me to pass along??

Thanks

Joe

Who are you kidding Joe???? I know you, You don't have any friends. We all hate you. Now go get your shine box. Love always Capt. Tom

Each of the municipalities run their own tests, you have to test each one. It definitely helps to have FF1 and EMT, and some of the tests make you have CPAT to sit for the exam, but not all.

The larger cities run civil service type tests where all you need is a HS Diploma and a driver's lisence to take the test. The Candidate Physical Aptitude Test needs to be completed by a set date thereafter. I agree that FF1 and EMT helps, especially for the smaller paid departments. When I was testing many moons ago, I just started applying all over and making phone calls. I got some great advice a long time ago by a seasoned vet...if you want it bad enough, you will get it.

Good Luck.

JVC

I got some great advice a long time ago by a seasoned vet...if you want it bad enough, you will get it.

You know it, Joe! Great Advice....

Inspiration

Just like everyone else says here, each department runs their own test. One way to get up to date hiring notifications is joining the CT Fire Academy list server as they publish an e-mail and list all the happening and also hiring in the state.

I will get you the link where you can sign up for it.

As for right now I know Greenwich had a test fairly recently and are working off an established list.