Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers Engine 313: Code 3 Collectibles 2008 Christmas Release

10 posts in this topic

Pretty cool!! I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned on here before (and I'm sorry if it has)

post-11-1228508376.jpg

This 1/64 model is ready to parade down the streets of Yonkers. The Christmas Edition for 2008 is the most beautiful and accurate Christmas model produced by Code 3 as it replicates the actual Engine 313 decked out for the Holidays. The Engine is designated the Santa Engine for 2008 in this New York Village and can be used to participate in Christmas parades and to thrill kids as it arrives to deliver special packages to the needy at this magical time of the year. Carefully decorated by the members of Station 13 on Kimball Avenue in Yonkers it conveys the goodwill of this stellar Fire Department.

The American LaFrance Engine 313 is a Model CMU 1000, Series 60 Detroit sporting a Waterous Pump capable of 1000 GPM and 150 PSI. Engine 313 was put into service in 2002 and has a Freightliner Chassis with a classic American LaFrance Cab and body. The apparatus carries one Officer and 3 Firefighters but has four regular seats and two jump seats.

(Photos and information credit Code 3 Collectibles)

http://www.code3.net/product/detail.asp?item=12806

This 1/64 model is ready to parade down the streets of Yonkers. The Christmas Edition for 2008 is the most beautiful and accurate Christmas model produced by Code 3 as it replicates the actual Engine 313 decked out for the Holidays. The Engine is designated the Santa Engine for 2008 in this New York Village and can be used to participate in Christmas parades and to thrill kids as it arrives to deliver special packages to the needy at this magical time of the year. Carefully decorated by the members of Station 13 on Kimball Avenue in Yonkers it conveys the goodwill of this stellar Fire Department.

The American LaFrance Engine 313 is a Model CMU 1000, Series 60 Detroit sporting a Waterous Pump capable of 1000 GPM and 150 PSI. Engine 313 was put into service in 2002 and has a Freightliner Chassis with a classic American LaFrance Cab and body. The apparatus carries one Officer and 3 Firefighters but has four regular seats and two jump seats. Lookin good Yonkers FD! :) -I got this from Code 3's website...those of you who don't know they made a 1/64 replica of the truck for their "Christmas Edition"!!!

12806_live.jpg

Now, if they took off all the Christmas decorations, this wouldn't look half bad.

Now, if they took off all the Christmas decorations, this wouldn't look half bad.

You couldn't be more right

If the decorations were an option that could be added or removed at will, I may have bought this, but since they're stuck on, I passed. I got 306 when it came out, so it's not like I'm missing out altogether.

Now, if only they'd make one of the new ALF aerials......(or an older aerial, for that matter).......

Code 3 needs to go back and make some old trucks like a 1968 ALF tiller. When they started to make the classic fire truck set like the Mack CF that was a great start.

CP

There's been on-again, off-again talk for several years about an ALF 900 series tiller being in the works. I do think it may finally happen next year, but as always, time will tell.

How about Code 3 making a replica of Yonkers FD Old ALF Century Tiller 73 ("Supertrain") - Now that would be one sweet looking 1/64 Scale Model (instead of basically copying the 306 model, with 313 [except for the XMAS Decorations])

It's all about what's gonna sell, and if the Apparatus manufacturers have an interest in allowing it. Collectors have been clamoring for LA County KME's for years. That won't happen anytime soon. And I remember that ALF, I wouldn't mind seeing it either. First Yonkers rig I ever saw.

Edited by JBE

oh come on the decorations are cool...... and it is the christmas edition