Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
post4031

Apparatus Maintenance

9 posts in this topic

This might have been a thread already, I looked and didn't see it. I was wondering what departments did for apparatus maintenance. Do you do it yourself or vendor?

Dobbs Ferry either goes excelsior or we have also had Pierce come and do maintenance right in our firehouse which was really nice

my company does the same cause our firehouse is right down the street but excelsior started to go downhill with their work not as good as it use to be.

In Buchanan, we do any minor work that we can in house. But for the past year or so we have been using Rapid Fire Services (Kevin) and he is amazing! He does scheduled maintenance for us on our rigs and will be there for emergencies as well. A few months back, our main attack engine would not start. We placed it out of service with 60-Control and called Kevin. He was at our firehouse in about 45 minutes and fixed the problem right away.

In Buchanan, we do any minor work that we can in house. But for the past year or so we have been using Rapid Fire Services (Kevin) and he is amazing! He does scheduled maintenance for us on our rigs and will be there for emergencies as well. A few months back, our main attack engine would not start. We placed it out of service with 60-Control and called Kevin. He was at our firehouse in about 45 minutes and fixed the problem right away.

Ditto, Rapid Fire is the way to go! Give him a call; 914-588-6976

www.rapidfireservices.com

thee independent fire company send our apperatus to Ruscon.

I know our department does some little maintance in house. But we use Jim Terry fire apparatus. He come right to the firehouse for most things. some major thing he will bring the rig to his shop. He actually brokered our new tanker which is an amazing piece of equipment. I would highly recommend him to use for fixing equipment.

I have no hand in my FD's maintenance but on the user end Rapid Fire has been great. Better than Excelsior or Ruscon.