Followers 0
dc2t

Sacremento News Cartoon

14 posts in this topic

[-( CHECK OUT FIREHOUSE.COM AND SEE LINK TO SACREMENTO

BEE NEWSPAPER REGARDING CARTOON BASHING LOCAL FF

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

WHAT DO YOU THINK

I saw that yesterday. Please tell everyone you know to send an email to that paper and voice their opinion..OUTRAGED :| :|

First: Cartoons are drawn making critical acclaim of tons of other organizations and professions also. What makes us so special?

Second: Sacremento FD had several problems that were their own faults that they are still trying to earn the publics respect back, so that is part of the reason why that cartoon was made.

Third: That newspaper doesn't care for the same reason I don't. Two critical foundations of this country: FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF THE PRESS.

How many emails have you sent to County Exec. Spano about the communications system. Or how our 911 system sucks. How bout some funding to supplement the departments for equipment. How about some of you who complain about your own deparments faults, send an email to your officers asking for physicals, fit tests, better training, better support when you take training courses.

There a million other issues that need attention before some cartoon in a newspaper.

I will ask this question. Where is the outrage against these knucklehads whose actions have sullied those images?? Why hasn't anyone spoken out against people who are in positions of public trust betraying that trust?? Each one of those firefighters you see in those pictures(the flag raising and OKC) has been sullied by the actions of the morons in Sacramento. What upsets you more?? The fact that someone used disgraced powerful images to show how others have disgraced the job?? Or, that the actions of a bunch of morons in California have brought the same disgrace not only on themselves, but every person who gears up?? A little something to consider. As far as people forgetting, no, I don't think they have, but behavior like this cuts the legs off the pedestal members of the emergency services were put on in the days/months following. Actions like we've seen lately such as the drinking in the firehouses and the drug abuse and the sexual assault are taking the shine off things.

The "people" I was referring to include "us" .....The actions / inactions of a VERY few individuals who feel that "THEY" are above the rest and are "ENTITLED" to do "WHATEVER" "THEY" feel like doing or NOT doing will be remember long after the "GOOD" deeds of the "majority".

Until such time that people are "held responsible" for their actions....these types of behaviors will continue and become the "norm" rather than the "exception".

Somewhere along the line "WE" have permitted and condoned this type of "people"and their "lifestyle". We can thank the civil libertarians for this "downward spiral" of society'

Look around you .....it's everywhere.....in schools, workplace ,sports, and on the streets.

It's time that the "Silent Majority" open our mouths and refuse to allows these behaviors to pull OUR SOCIETY down the tubes.

I have absolutely no problem with this cartoon. It makes a very valid point. Due to the actions of a few knuckleheads, every image of the fire service is now marred.

As to accepting a greater and greater amount of (bad/ awful/ rude/ incomprehensible) behavior in our current culture, the late Sen. Moynihan had a term for it; defining deviancy down. I honestly believe in this theory and each day I see greater and greater proof of the truth in his ideas. What was considered completely unacceptable even 5-10 years ago is now the norm and completely acceptable and emulated. It's truly frightening.

As we watch the continued "downward spiral" of society, even on this board, it has to cause one to sit back and wonder when and what will be the pinprick that bursts the bubble and brings the whole system down around our ears.

Wow. Finally I found a couple guys whom share my thoughts and insight on issues pertaining to us. I keep trying to spread the word...lol for those whom have taken my classes.

Nothing pisses me off more then those whom feel because of what we do we shoudn't be criticized in any manner. BS. What gets me even more is when those get pissed when other firefighters do it. No one asks us to be or do what we are. We chose. I could have been an accountant, or stock broker, school teacher. I chose to serve in emergency services. WE DESERVE TO BE CRITICIZED TWICE AS HARD AS EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE OF WHAT WE DO!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say we deserve to be criticized twice as much, but we in the emergency services are, and should be held to a higher standard than the average person. We are no different than anyone else, But, when someone screws up like this, it makes us all look bad. I read in another forum about how the cartoonist is a mutt, or other non printable words, but why shoot the messenger?? Look in the mirror and then work to fix the problems that caused this cartoon to be drawn in the first place.

I agree that the FF's screwed up and need discipline.

I agree that there is freedom of speech and that it must be protected.

I agree that there more pressing issues facing the fire service

I only argue that the cartoon is in poor taste.

How would you feel if you were the mother of father of the that child in the oklahoma city bombing?

Another black eye for the Sacramento Fire Department

Oddly Enough - Reuters

Reuters

Firefighters Suspended for Sex on Duty

Wed Jan 26, 8:41 AM ET

Add to My Yahoo! Oddly Enough - Reuters

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Four Sacramento, California firefighters who admitted to having sex while on duty have been suspended pending an investigation, a spokesman for the city's fire department said on Tuesday.

The three men, including a captain, admitted to having sex with a fourth firefighter, a woman, while on duty. Superiors put all four on administrative leave on Monday, marking the second recent sex scandal to hit the sleepy state capital's fire department.

"The four individuals have admitted to having sex in the firehouse," said Captain Niko King, a spokesman for the department. "They even conspired to keep it secret by putting one person on watch so they wouldn't get caught."

The firefighters face disciplinary action ranging from time off without pay to dismissal, said King, noting officials took quick action as rumors of on-duty sex circulated through the department.

The probe follows an investigation after city firefighters attended a local p***-star costume ball last July. The department began that probe, its largest internal investigation ever, after a woman who does not work for the department said she had been sexually assaulted by a firefighter in a department fire truck.