Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Prepaid Cell Phones.....Best Choices????

7 posts in this topic

Seeking your valued opinions regarding the best pre paid cell phone for my very, very limited usage.

T-Mobile pay as you go is likely my choice per recommendations.

Tracfone is a big ripoff and nightmare to even get activated.

Any others please?

Thank You

if your going to use low usage go with boost mobile, Nextel and them have teamed up with some great ideas and i've heard that the minutes for the prepaid are inexpensive.. The only downside that i've heard of these phones is that once you buy a minutes card and you use your minutes up, you have to wait a certain amount before you can purchase another minutes card.

I had a friend who had a boost mobile phone and was spending more for the prepaid service than he would have if he had just gotten a nextel account, upwards of $100 a month

I had Virgin mibile, I too ended up paying more for prepaid then I regular monthly bill, so I got a nextel. If your not going to use it too much, you might only be putting in $20 a month, but the rates are screwy. Its 25 cents/minute for the first ten minutes and then 10 cents/minute after that, but it resests itself everyday. I would stay away from it though.

Boost Nextel only cost $1.50 a day for unlimited. so $45 a month, it may just be cheaper to get a regular phone.

Get a job where your boss pays for it.

Not worth being on 24 hour call. When my work day ends, it ends. Period.