Followers 0
Remember585

Dogwood Road Fire Peekskill 12/9/08

6 posts in this topic

Peekskill FD Units on scene: 2341, 2342, 2349, E133, E131, TL45, R134

Mohegan FD Units on scene: 2261, 2263, E258

Continental Village FD O/S; 2131, 2132, R39

Peekskill VAC, Peekskill OEM, NYSP, Battalion 10, C&O Zone 4 w/ 1404

Fire was knocked down by the time I found it. Clarity isn't so great, any tips?

Car 2341 & E258

post-34-1228870494.jpg

LMFD Members grabbing their FAST gear

post-34-1228870509.jpg

Hydraulic ventilation in progress on 2nd floor

post-34-1228870521.jpg

E133 pumping, E131 behind it, TL45 along side it.

post-34-1228870541.jpg

post-34-1228870559.jpg

post-34-1228870577.jpg

post-34-1228870593.jpg

Photos are not really that bad. I have had the same clarity issue on occasion. Two seperate issues arose: 1 are you using a multi point focus or single point. With single point it focuses on only one area of the piture and when you have ones with depth like the 3rd one down notice the front of the truck is clear and everything else starts to fuzz out further away the worse it gets. Second is to make sure you are using an action shot mode to speed up your shutter speed to get rid of blur from moving objects. What camera are you using?

PS. On a side note - thank you for noting Peekskill OEM onscene.

im more concerned about the 3rd picture down, what purpose is that exenstion ladder serving? i can understand needing to vent the roof but im sure there is a much better placement for that ladder. from the picture it doesnt look very safe, i see that the ground is uneven where the roof ladder is but i still dont understand what the roof team was thinking with the placement. again i could be misinterpreting the picture

Dont worry about the clarity of one or two shots at least we got to see them

223...That ladder was originally set up to access the roof for a vertical vent, because I called for the roof to be vented being that we had ZERO visibility in the attic where the seat of the fire was. Right when the vent team got to the roof, we cancelled that request because we realized we had the fire knocked down and decided to prevent any further damage. So I believe that ladder was moved to open up that window (or gable vent or whatever that was) to clear out some of the smoke. Though I can't tell whether that ladder is set up on the peak of that dormer or to the side of it. I know the person who set the ladder up is very proficient in ground ladder operations and he did have it on semi-level ground and it was dug in the ground pretty good.