Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Some oldies but goodies found in Brooklyn

6 posts in this topic

Last week I just happend to be driving through Brooklyn, not even realizing I was going past E-236's HQs, and I found these to old rigs sitting in the parking lot next to the station. The Mack is Bogota, NJ former Engine 403, and the other is from Elizabeth Twp, NJ, looks like it says Engine 1 on the front fender. Anyone have any info as to why they are there? I'm wondering if the guys from E-236 bought them to restore or something along those lines.

post-721-1229013905.jpg

post-721-1229013928.jpg

Edited by x648eng119

I'd heard that Bogota's Mack was scrapped. GLAD to see that's not the case (yet, at least)!

Never heard of Elizabeth Township, NJ. There is the City of Elizabeth in Union County but that minipumper is not from there. I suspect it might be in PA.

If you look at google earth or live view, it looks like the FH is surrounded by boneyards or truck repair places. This could be why you see the old pieces.

I noticed that, but i thought i saw the fd personnel vehicles in that lot too, unless the boneyards were just borrowing the space...

Last week I just happend to be driving through Brooklyn, not even realizing I was going past E-236's HQs, and I found these to old rigs sitting in the parking lot next to the station. The Mack is Bogota, NJ former Engine 403, and the other is from Elizabeth Twp, NJ, looks like it says Engine 1 on the front fender. Anyone have any info as to why they are there? I'm wondering if the guys from E-236 bought them to restore or something along those lines.

Interesting almost the exact same angles different photos from Sept.

Flikr photos