Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What every firefighter (and home owner) needs to know

5 posts in this topic

I have seen these I-beams used in new home construction and thought this can't be good. This video demonstrates just how bad they can be...

Check it out...

WISN.com

i know these are being used in Dutchess as i have seen them

I have seen these I-beams used in new home construction and thought this can't be good. This video demonstrates just how bad they can be...

Check it out...

WISN.com

Type in the search box and you will find several others threads on the TJI joists as well, you can also click on my company's website located in my signature and navagate to the training page and the first link sends you to a site that covers all the aspects of the building process. Also at the bottom of the page there is a box to click, Fire Frame, it gives a 3-D rendering of a building and it's components. It's worth a look for the younger or newer firefighting group.

Here is the link that was already posted

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopi...&hl=trusses

Edited by markmets415

Used in Dutchess? They're used everywhere. Know your enemy as Brannigan said!

Check out the following resources made available from Dave Walsh, and the DCC Fire Science Program/Emergency Services Club.

http://faculty.sunydutchess.edu/walsh/vide...SES/trusses.htm

Just keep in mind, buildings are built cheaper and stronger for daily use. They are not built to withstand fire. Current trends in cheap strong construction techniques aren't built for FF safety.