Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Finally....a Stairchair With An O2 Mount!

12 posts in this topic

Finally, someone's developed a stairchair with an O2 mount!!!

http://www.monstermedic.com/Products/StairCare.aspx

I don't know anything about their stair chair, but I received a demo of their power stretcher and it couldn't hold a candle to a ferno or stryker. Very heavy and poorly built.

A good idea I guess, or just another thing for LI vollies to waste taxpayer money on...and make somebody a millionaire. I was always fine with strapping the bag to the patients lap. They can keep that heavy a** stryker also, I like the cheap but light ferno 2 wheeled stair chair.

I hate any stretcher but the good old durable Ferno's. But call it what you want and by all means keep that little old "lightweight" 2 wheel stair chair....those treads make a big difference and I don't find the weight all that much more. The simple fact that you can basically slide the person in the chair down the stairs is a plus for us and our backs.

I still have to rock out the 2 wheeled chairs. While its great being able to stuff my O2 bottle w/ bag and contents under the chair having to hunch over to roll my patients anywhere and carry them down the stairs will ruin my back. Bring on the treds.

While I love the old style, less bulky stairchairs, the numbers don't lie. We simply aren't losing manhours due to stairchair related lifting with the track style chair. The oxygen bottle holder is just a waste of time. Just get an oxygen duffle with hooks and you're all set rather than having to take the bottle out of the bag and strap it into the chair.

A good idea I guess, or just another thing for LI vollies to waste taxpayer money on...and make somebody a millionaire. I was always fine with strapping the bag to the patients lap. They can keep that heavy a** stryker also, I like the cheap but light ferno 2 wheeled stair chair.

x2 but don't forget Westchester.

I hate lugging that tracked chair around but its far easier on the back on the decent. The o2 shelf/harness is a waste of metal. What's wrong with the patient's lap, back of the chair or the o2 duffel if need be?

Edited by Goose

The Stryker stair chair O2 holder looks like a good idea. Has anyone used one yet? Anyone know how much they cost?

I still love the old, lightweight Ferno aluminum stairchairs as well. I hate the heavy, feature laden ones but now they seem to be a standard.

The duffel bag works great- except when there's only two of you, the patient is obese, the stairs are tight, and the patient has a personal bag on their lap.

I'm surprised seth especially with your back history. I did the math a while back and was doing a multi story cary down on average every other tour. Most aren't particularly big and I was lucky to working a bus with two guys who can carry. And this is an area dominated by elevators, unlike Harlem and Washington Heights. I would happily kick in my share to get a treaded stair chair. I don't want to be riding a desk in 10 years and the new vehicles and growing Americans aren't helping.