Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Alamo EMS/NDP Merger

62 posts in this topic

While its kind of nice to see a town board member involved in the EMS issues of Beekman, I hope he is not just talking with providers on his own without seeking input from either town members who know how EMS systems operate (or how they should anyway), what the reputation and abilities of these organizations are and what might truly be needed. I'd like to know how he would respond to the price tag for that when the tax increase was looking pretty high when the budget process started. Also it would be nice to get those who are working Beekman out of the highway garage.

I can't agree with you more about the highway garage. As accommodating as the guys were once you got to know them, it is a disgusting environment in which to put your EMS providers.

Don't forget Transcare has Putnam county, not that far from Beekman-Pawling area

Yeah but doesn't Putnam only have 3 transcare units?

Yeah but doesn't Putnam only have 3 transcare units?

Technically there are 5. 3 Flycars, a BLS truck, and an ALS truck. Dont forget Transcare has a lot of ALS transport trucks around that can also do emergencies if needed.

From reliable sources....Beekman had an emergency Town Board meeting scheduled today at 2pm.....NDP IS OUT !!!! Apparently not only Pawling and Beekman have problems but now possibly Union Vale.....

Could this be the beginning of the end of NDP??????

From reliable sources....Beekman had an emergency Town Board meeting scheduled today at 2pm.....NDP IS OUT !!!! Apparently not only Pawling and Beekman have problems but now possibly Union Vale.....

Could this be the beginning of the end of NDP??????

So is it not true that Pawling is going back to NDP?

Not sure yet about Pawling but there are definitely done in Beekman........I should be hearing from my source soon.........Mr. French sent out a scathing email to residents of Beekman earlier today and yes I know that to be true because my husband forwarded it to me and he has nothing to do with EMS!!!!!!!

Here is just a bit of what was sent:

Hello everyone: I need to bring an urgent matter to your attention. The ambulance provider for our Town—Northern Dutchess Paramedics—has lost their state certification necessary to legally provide ambulance service in Beekman. Similarly, the Town has lost their "Certificate of Need" that previously covered NDP, and allowed them to provide service in Beekman.Therefore, NDP no longer has the ability to directly provide ambulance service to our Town, though they have a contractual obligation to do so. Approximately three weeks ago, NDP replaced their ambulances with Alamo ambulances (who indeed have the certificates and authorizations to provide service in all of Dutchess County). The Town was told a merger between NDP and Alamo was imminent, but today that fell apart completely. A merger would have solved these problems, as Alamo's certificates would have covered Beekman, and we would have been provided service legally through that certificate.

In short a CON is alot of paperwork and time no matter who its going to. This is going to be interesting to see what the out come will be. Also Beacon & Fishkill are up in a few weeks. Only time is going to tell

In short a CON is alot of paperwork and time no matter who its going to. This is going to be interesting to see what the out come will be. Also Beacon & Fishkill are up in a few weeks. Only time is going to tell

Opi Dopey how are you making out?

Beacon and The Town of Fishkill should be very interesting.

Oh but the town highway garage was so much fun, all those interesting magazines to read.

Oh but the town highway garage was so much fun, all those interesting magazines to read.

Would that be considered good reading material?

I would hope HVP would get Beacon and Fishkill as they are the closest provider to those areas. :P

I would hope HVP would get Beacon and Fishkill as they are the closest provider to those areas. :P

200 Westage Business Center is better location then 9 Route 9.

Ok here is the deal..........NDP is officially out of Beekman.....Alamo presently is covering that area....meetings are set up between to agencies for Monday and Beekman.

NDP Does not have a CON nor does Pawling for NDP....so Alamo is presently covering that area....

New into the mix will be Union Vale...........

It appears that NDP's thread is being to unravel with some serious consequences with not only town/municipality issues but now Federal issues regarding Medicare..

Thank Goodness HealthQuest did the gut check they said would be done prior to finalizing the merger.......

Wow, who said things would get interesting??? Yup, this guy. :P

Good luck to everyone involved. Although the political banter is always interesting, there are both lives and livelihoods at stake here so I hope everything gets worked out.

And no, I haven't heard anything official (or unofficial for that matter) about any of the upcoming contract issues, so don't ask me.

Ok here is the deal..........NDP is officially out of Beekman.....Alamo presently is covering that area....meetings are set up between to agencies for Monday and Beekman.

NDP Does not have a CON nor does Pawling for NDP....so Alamo is presently covering that area....

New into the mix will be Union Vale..........."

The difference between Pawling, Beekman and Union Vale is that Union Vale has an active rescue squad that gets out and covers their calls. This makes the transition a little easier.

So a friend of mine heard from a guy he works with that someone at the hospital said that teh Alamo?NDP merger failed becuase HVP is looking to take over both companies.

stirrin the pot, :rolleyes:

Alamo EMS is not on the market.

I would say that MLSS's main station in Newburgh is just a little closer to Beacon than the Putnam county line of Route 9.... But, that's just me. And they already have a station in the Village of Fishkill that i would 99% guarrantee will be upgraded to house more crews and ambulances should they accuire Beacon and Town of Fishkill....

Anyway, I hope that the CON situation for all these places is figured out sooner than later, for the town's sakes and the Providers sake... And that everything works out for the best

Edited by EFFP411

Opi Dopey how are you making out?

Beacon and The Town of Fishkill should be very interesting.

Hey SPFC56,

I am doing better everday. With a plan to return work both jobs on the 29th of Dec. Yes this month. I will be doing a 24hr Fiskill and Beacon on New Years eve to day. (Oh Lord Help Me) I just really need to get my leg stronger. Dr doesnt think I am ready, but I think I can and Alamo was letting me go if I didnt come back by the 30th (Found that goodie out when I was talking with HR at NDP). Funny what you find out. I not sure what is going to happen with TC.

Anyways I will have work.

How are you doing?

Rob,

Just jump on 84 at 9 and avoid the village all together, Newburgh I don't think so.

RNMEDIC08,

Did you make the meeting?

Anything is for sale if you have the $$$$$$$.

Oh my the rumors are going heehee

Good night to all, be safe, dry, warm, & have a borring night and day with this storm comming in. Like thats going to happen ( the borring part I ment).

Rob,

Just jump on 84 at 9 and avoid the village all together, Newburgh I don't think so.

RNMEDIC08,

Did you make the meeting?

Anything is for sale if you have the $$$$$$$.

Oh my the rumors are going heehee

Good night to all, be safe, dry, warm, & have a borring night and day with this storm comming in. Like thats going to happen ( the borring part I ment).

I did.

Alamo is not for sale anytime soon and Health-Quest is ready to back Alamo and attempt to get it back to what it could be.

Lets see what happens.

Edited by SPFC56-233

Alamo is not on the rack for sale......Healthquest with their CFO, CEO and VP met tonight to brief the Alamo staff on the whirlwind events of the last 24 hrs.......as was said tonight the ghost of Christmas past, present and future made a visit and their words of wisdom were heard.....LOL

The goal is to make Alamo better and stronger than before....business as usual is out the door WE all will strive to serve our communities and our contracts with all we have and WE WILL hold our head high and provide compassionate, caring professional care to those who are in need.......

We are looking to the future and to 2009 with renewed enthusiasim, a lighter step and a smile in our heart and face.

To all who have given Alamo staff best wishes we thank you and may you all have a Happy, Healthy and Safe Holiday Season.

This is the one and only warning to keep this thread civil. If you have personal issues, take it behind the scenes, in PMs, or bring the issues to a Moderator.

We do not condone personal attacks, or attacks on other organizations/outfits here.

If this persists, the thread will be locked.

Ok I will give a quick run down of what is happening on the NDP side. I have been reading the posts over the last couple of days and I have to say I’m not shocked by any means. People will come up with all kinds of rumors and statements, which most of them are not true and some of them are true.

At the 11th hour Health-Quest (HQ) changed the contract on Ed and Rob. From the start our owners stated they would not give up their company and have it run by HQ (or any other company). I think it is fair to say HQ wanted no part of running an ambulance business and now they do. From the meetings I have attended and the employees I have spoken to, they were glad the merger was going through. Of course you will have some employees who did not like the merger, which is 100% fair and understandable. Ed and Rob poured a lot of time into this merger and for Health Quest to back out at the last minute I believe is very unfair…but business will be business. Till this day NDP will stay NDP and Alamo will stay Alamo. For one I will say I think it is a mistake, Alamo has a great group of Managers, Supervisors, Medics and EMT’s. I know I am upset it is not going through. Time will only tell what will happen next. I wish the best for the Alamo staff and look forward to working with them in the future as we have been in the past.

I have worked for NDP EMS over the last 4 years and I only can tell you that Ed and Rob are very committed to their company and employees. It is a pleasure to work with them and for them. Instead of making senseless comments on a web site why don’t you call and ask your questions. We are OPEN 24/7 now and forever.

Thanks,

George

NDP Dispatch Supervisor

**NDP EMS Admin staff has not approved this message! (For all you political buffs)

Enough Lunchbox!!!!!

This post needs to stay open and comments like that are beyond harsh and hateful....

Keep your opinions either to yourself or state them in another forum and not here!

Although we all work for different agencies and departments we are all here for 1 purpose so let's concentrate on that and with the immeninet weather conditions we all need to work together to get thru this without injury or harm to all.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Just because you don't agree with something someone says doesn't make it a bash. QTIP!

And with all due respect to moderators...that goes for you guys as well. I'm personal friends with most of you and I think with your experiences on the board you can tell the difference between an outright bash or attack versus those stating fact intertwined with their opinion. Which is what this site in many ways is also for if I remember correctly. If you worked for a company and want to say they suck...then that's fair and is not an attack nor does it make it uncivil. Let's not forget that there have been 3 to 4 page threads with non stop comments about Mt. Vernon that were way harsher (lets face it true also) then on this thread.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Just because you don't agree with something someone says doesn't make it a bash. QTIP!

And with all due respect to moderators...that goes for you guys as well. I'm personal friends with most of you and I think with your experiences on the board you can tell the difference between an outright bash or attack versus those stating fact intertwined with their opinion. Which is what this site in many ways is also for if I remember correctly. If you worked for a company and want to say they suck...then that's fair and is not an attack nor does it make it uncivil. Let's not forget that there have been 3 to 4 page threads with non stop comments about Mt. Vernon that were way harsher (lets face it true also) then on this thread.

I agree with you 100%. There are much worse threads out there.

Let me make some things perfectly clear here.

We encourage open discussion of factual information. While discussions may get heated and we all may have different experiences and viewpoints, there is no reason for personal attacks on each other, etc.

So my advice would be listen to the Moderator of this board and keep your comments to yourself.

The moderator only reminded people to keep this thread civil. He said nothing about keeping comments to yourself.

I absolutely agree with people immediately labeling something a "bash" when they don't like what they are reading. HOWEVER:

It's not the content of the thread ALS, it's the way members treat each other that concerns us. As you know, we try hard to maintain a positive and respectful atmosphere, as difficult as it may be at times, no matter what it being discussed. We have had to remove numerous back and forth comments between members on this thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand that many reading this did not see.

All members should be reminded that if they wish to make this personal, then use the personal message system. If members cannot treat each other respectfully after this post, then this thread will be locked.

For those that saw my previous post, I don't mean to bash at all.... I used to work for Empire, and I met a bunch of phenomenal Medics and EMT's... I hope that maybe Mike W. does get a fair chance to run the company. Maybe he can turn it around. HVPS did aquire Regional (which we all know) I have heard here say that HVPS might look into buying Alamo outright. But in all fairness its always just a rumor untill the "bus shows up lettered." I think that not only the coming weeks but the next few months will be interesting to see who is awarded the area contracts. As for Alamo Employees who are still there, Congrats cuz I know the merge wasnt gunna be pretty for those who have seniority have been at Alamo for a while... as feild staff we should be sticking together, all be here to work together we do the same job. We all understand that everyone has Pride in the company they work for.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the stretcher smashes through the ER doors"

Who will win this contract, who will loose that one and will all company's stay afloat in these hard economic times.

Break out your band aids folks we got lots to cover. :lol::lol::lol:

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the stretcher smashes through the ER doors"

Who will win this contract, who will loose that one and will all company's stay afloat in these hard economic times.

Break out your band aids folks we got lots to cover. :lol::lol::lol:

Question is who plays each big wig? ;)