Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest RAAEMT6785

Arlington Child Unconcious 12-21-08?

12 posts in this topic

This morning at sometime (early had be around 5 or 6 maybe a tad bit later) there was a call for a 14 Year old ( believe female) unconscious, not breathing with CPR instructions being given over the phone..it happend in Arlington Fire District, not sure what station...I was just curious if anyone also heard the call or knows anything about it. I'm curious because It's not every often that you hear of a 14 being Uncons./Unresponsive.

This morning at sometime (early had be around 5 or 6 maybe a tad bit later) there was a call for a 14 Year old ( believe female) unconscious, not breathing with CPR instructions being given over the phone..it happend in Arlington Fire District, not sure what station...I was just curious if anyone also heard the call or knows anything about it. I'm curious because It's not every often that you hear of a 14 being Uncons./Unresponsive.

It was in Croft Corners response area ( station 5). 32-72 and the medic were advised ny county 911 emd instructions were being given which Arlington in return asked for manpwer tones to the scene. 32-73 got out to assist.

Circumstances? Who knows this day in age could have been anything......

yea I was wondering if someone was a member that might have went and knew the circumstances....True now a days it could of been anything.

yea I was wondering if someone was a member that might have went and knew the circumstances....True now a days it could of been anything.

Do you really need to know? Probably not. But if your that interested reference your EMT text or any one of a billion websites that will outline the reasons a teenager/young child would or could go into cardiac arrest.

Trolling for details online about someone's job is not really necessary.

I also heard this call go out while i was at work........AFD 32/72/73 and 87 did an awesome job.Got her to VBH with pulses and a rhythm..... and when I was bringing my pt into VBH it was a very somber ER.....all you need to know was that it was an acute cerebral bleed be respectful of the family and the stress they an AFD went through this am...

I also heard this call go out while i was at work........AFD 32/72/73 and 87 did an awesome job.Got her to VBH with pulses and a rhythm..... and when I was bringing my pt into VBH it was a very somber ER.....all you need to know was that it was an acute cerebral bleed be respectful of the family and the stress they an AFD went through this am...

Thank you - RNMedic, Thats all I was curious to know.

Not for nothing, but where do we cross the line?

There is nothing here that is educational or beneficial to how EMS does business. This was a troll for information on someone else's job. We know the patients age, who took the patient in and the apparent condition (and im sure some of you know the address and family name - given the way dutchess dispatches). Far too many identifying factors for me. If you were this individuals parents/family would you want all this crap to end up on the internet? I know i wouldn't.

Ambulances calls and patient conditions are not public knowledge so why are they being discussed in a non-educational manor?

Edited by Goose

I ask Emtbravo staff delete this post since nothing worth while came from this post. It is NO ones buisness about the condition of this girl or the family. It is Christmas time I am sure it is hard enough now for this family and to have people poking around to get information about there kid or family memeber.... :angry:

Not for nothing, but where do we cross the line?

There is nothing here that is educational or beneficial to how EMS does business. This was a troll for information on someone else's job. We know the patients age, who took the patient in and the apparent condition (and im sure some of you know the address and family name - given the way dutchess dispatches). Far too many identifying factors for me. If you were this individuals parents/family would you want all this crap to end up on the internet? I know i wouldn't.

Ambulances calls and patient conditions are not public knowledge so why are they being discussed in a non-educational manor?

If you don't like Dutchess County personnel asking eachother about calls, then why don't you stick to Westchester forums. It is a normal occurence in our field to ask questions about eachother's calls. We especialy ask when it is a call that we rarely hear. This type of call, because of the age, obviously had circumstances that led to it. The person who posted the questions did not ask for anything more than what the cause was. It's a general question and can be considered educational on this forum and lead to good conversation for those who are not experienced as others.

Again if you don't like it, leave the forum or stick to your county.

Thank you Lisa for the information. It could if anyone was interested in leading to some interesting conversation. Especialy based on the cause.

If you don't like Dutchess County personnel asking eachother about calls, then why don't you stick to Westchester forums. It is a normal occurence in our field to ask questions about eachother's calls. We especialy ask when it is a call that we rarely hear. This type of call, because of the age, obviously had circumstances that led to it. The person who posted the questions did not ask for anything more than what the cause was. It's a general question and can be considered educational on this forum and lead to good conversation for those who are not experienced as others.

Again if you don't like it, leave the forum or stick to your county.

Thank you Lisa for the information. It could if anyone was interested in leading to some interesting conversation. Especialy based on the cause.

I think ole Goose may have been around Dutchess a time or two...let's not turn this into a county pissing match...

I agree that we typically talk about calls such as this...but not online...not in a public forum.

Out of respect to the family and the Brothers from AFD...this should disappear. ;)

How is this any different than when people ask about an MVA or Fire they heard someone headed to? There was less info provided here about this individual than most calls that get discussed. Any time we discuss a structure fire where someone is injured or dies we have everything you need to find out the family from the comfort of your own home. MVA's we usually give the same info on pts involved that was given here. Yes it sucks when something like this happens to someone so young, but had this been the result of a fire we'd have her age, home address, hospital destination, and final outcome.

As the question was asked and answered this thread is now closed. If anyone wants to have a discussion about the sharing of information or propriety of posting info on calls on the internet, please start a new generic thread.