Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest beentheredonethat

Beekman seeks new ambulance service

15 posts in this topic

Beekman seeks new ambulance service

NDP billing issue forces switch

By John Davis • Poughkeepsie Journal • December 24, 2008

POUGHQUAG - The Town of Beekman suddenly finds itself shopping for a new ambulance provider.The town's one-year contract with NDP Emergency Medical Services will not be renewed because the ambulance firm was unable to bill patients covered by Medicaid and Medicare.

It was recently brought to the town's attention NDP did not have the necessary "certificate of need" to bill those Medicaid and Medicare patients it provides service to in Beekman.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...327/1006/news01

<script language=javascript1.1 src="http://gannett.gcion.com/addyn/3.0/5111.1/133600/0/0/ADTECH;alias=ny-poughkeepsie.poughkeepsiejournal.com/news/states/local/newyork/article.htm_ArticleFlex_1;cookie=info;loc=100;target=_blank;grp=701891;misc=1230

25553625">

Interesting, this would be the case for the other towns they cover as well?????

Their CON does not allow them to operate in Southern Dutchess County. If it applies to Beekman, it would also apply to Pawling. I don't know whether Dover and Union Vale would qualify as their operational area. I was told that anything south of Poughkeepsie inclusive was considered "Southern Dutchess" under the old Sloper CON back in the day. Does that mean that anything north of Poughkeepsie would be "Northern Dutchess"?

I just hope they can get something online so there is no lapse in coverage.

The only towns that were immediately affected were beekman and pawling. Unionvale voted to switch to transcare as of Jan 1 and beekman has a special meeting next week to vote on the proposals (transcare, MLSS, Alamo). Dont believe everything you read in the paper. There is alot of political nonsense going on in the town hall that is being blown way out of proportion.

from what i know, Pawling is also officially done with NDP. Alamo is covering until a new contract is chosen

Well NWFD Medic said best. Things are going to get interesting in Dutchess County. I just feel bad for all the EMTs and Medics involved in this giant CLUSTER " $#@!". Good luck to all parties invovled.

Edited by celticmedic643

EMS Rumor mill has Beekman and Pawling going with Transcare as of the first of the year.

Shawn blow the dust off your wallet and hire career staff..... :P

That's all it is for Right now just rumor. Wont believe anything I hear until after the contracts are signed. All that should matter is residents of the affected areas are getting the care they need when they need it. Just my 2 cents

Would make Transcare a force in the county if they did pick up the contracts mentioned. Spill the beans Seth.

EMS Rumor mill has Beekman and Pawling going with Transcare as of the first of the year.

Surprised a company like AMR hasnt been added into the mill yet.

.........Just my 2 cents

Good to see somebody still has money around the holidays. :lol:

Would make Transcare a force in the county if they did pick up the contracts mentioned. Spill the beans Seth.

Surprised a company like AMR hasnt been added into the mill yet.

Good to see somebody still has money around the holidays. :lol:

Look hear Lunchbox!!! You always bring AMR into the mix everytime there is a contract issue.

As we all Know Transcare is the Driving Force in Healthcare

Look hear Lunchbox!!! You always bring AMR into the mix everytime there is a contract issue.

As we all Know Transcare is the Driving Force in Healthcare

Would that be why healthcare is so messed up. :-)

Would that be why healthcare is so messed up. :-)

Come on.... Tis better to give then to receive.

Its going to be a great year in healthcare.

Here if you or anyone else is interested www.transcare.com/

Edited by beentheredonethat

Come on.... Tis better to give then to receive. Its going to be a great year in healthcare.

Here if your interested www.transcare.com/

Better off filling out a Sloper-Willen Ambulance Application. :lol::lol:

Also try Here

Edited by SPFC56-233