Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbendick

Pelham Manor - Working Fire - 12/31/2008

38 posts in this topic

those are great pics... It's great having that helo around, it seems to show up in yonkers pretty often and is great support

You can actually get commercially available FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) technology/systems for prices as low as $6,000 refurbished.

http://www.telogyllc.com/display_model.aspx?bm=FLU(TI20)

True but not the helicopter to carry it! There are also big differences between the handheld systems and aircraft or marine based systems.

I'll see about an IR screenshot.

those are great pics... It's great having that helo around, it seems to show up in yonkers pretty often and is great support

We go where the work is! ;)

True but not the helicopter to carry it! There are also big differences between the handheld systems and aircraft or marine based systems. I'll see about an IR screenshot. We go where the work is! ;)

Nice cross hair....must be nice to be able to target (& shoot) that clean

Nice cross hair....must be nice to be able to target (& shoot) that clean

Yeah, the cross hairs are cool - if only we had the appropriate armament to accompany them!!! :P

True but not the helicopter to carry it! There are also big differences between the handheld systems and aircraft or marine based systems.

I'll see about an IR screenshot.

We go where the work is! ;)

Yeah, but it helps to know the 'hood so well you can call out streets and intersections to ground units even before getting to those streets in question-in the dark-without flir or spotlight! You are SUCH a luckysomonabotch!!!!! LOL!!!

Just stay safe and remember... a boring day flying is just, well, non-existant. Uneventful? Yes, sometimes. But NEVER boring.

It started in the back of the house in either an addition or renovation. This is 2nd hand from neighbor.