Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

Motorola HT1250

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any one had a codeplug for a UHF HT1250 they can email me, its the non-ls version.

I was wondering if any one had a codeplug for a UHF HT1250 they can email me, its the non-ls version.

What exactly are you looking for? The codeplug as in the program in the radio or the software to program the radio? I have around 100 or so different programs (codeplugs) between low, high, and UHF.

The program in the radio, I have the software to program the radio.

If you have the software then create your own codeplug. Or are you looking for some insight as to how to do it? What frequency band are you looking for?

If you have the software then create your own codeplug. Or are you looking for some insight as to how to do it? What frequency band are you looking for?

I don't have the radio yet, and I was looking for a codeplug so I can write a file, UHF band 403-470, the codeplugs I do have are for my VHF 1250.

Check you PM's

Can't send the file on here. Need your email address

He helped me out with what I needed, I am fully aware that you can "brick" moto radios easily, I do have the global turner, and I have the most current CPS, I'm far from a expert, but I know a person or two if that did happen, most of the time if you "brick" a radio, depending on how bad, and what you did, you can just blow the original codeplug back in and it will fix it, I'm not saying it will fix it all the time, but in most cases it will. I apperciate the help guys, I really do again I'm not saying I am a expert but I have some knowledge, I plan on reading the radio first when it comes in to make sure the codeplug versions match. The software is not brick proof but it will not let you write the radio if there are any invalid feilds, and it verifys the codeplug first before it writes.

Again guys I appreciate the help, and any help or input is taken.

Scott

KC2OBW

Lets hope we all have the $500.00 3 yr subscription licenses first.

W/o going to deep into it

What what what what what.......................Writing a NON original cpg into a different radio can be dangerous (unless your cloning.) But even if your cloning or doing what your talking about, both radios (or codeplug files) must be programmed with the same software version, must have the same firmware version and must have the same model number or it will brick when it loads. If you don't know what your doing, and you mess up something, you got yourself a nice paper weight or a door stop (aka "brick") Resulting in shipping fees to the big M, $300.00 just for the big M to hold it and more $$$$$ just for them to look at it and more $$$$ for them to fix it then send it back. *Unless you know somebody, who knows what they are doing to save you from spending alot of $$$$ just to get it looked at. :D

Make sure you save the tuning data (with the global tuning)

You can not create a codeplug out of thin air with the software to program the radio (cps). You can load a archived cpg file and play around with it though, until your read to write it to the radio.

So I've been told. :)

I am aware of how to operate and program the radio's--believe me. I may not know everything about every radio BUT I do know the HT's and am very familiar with the in/outs , pro and cons of them as well as the software. My program came with a default program and I built off of that so--yes I can set up a codeplug from nothing.

I did have an issue putting an old program into a new radio but found a way around it. So I understand your concern--but think you are over exaggerating a little. Unless of course you work for a Motorola dealer--LOL My question is more in the lines of where did he get the cable and software??? All of the blunders I made while experimenting have never resulted in bricking a radio. Is that something more in line with the XTS line?

Edited by PVFD113

I do not have a clue about programing radios however I am wondering if any of you have found a way to get the 1250 to open for the pager tones used by Dutchess County 911. I own one that I use for Fire and A-1 tried to get it to work as a pager function but couldn't.

I do not have a clue about programing radios however I am wondering if any of you have found a way to get the 1250 to open for the pager tones used by Dutchess County 911. I own one that I use for Fire and A-1 tried to get it to work as a pager function but couldn't.

I can program it to do it, it depends on the firmware version you have, I know with the earlier firmware there where some issues with the signaling features, take the battery of the radio, you'll see a sticker above the connection for the battery there will be 3 barcodes on the sticker, look for the second barcode and above it it says "VER.NO: R05.07.01" using mine as a example. well take a look at yours and let me know what it says.

I can program it to do it, it depends on the firmware version you have, I know with the earlier firmware there where some issues with the signaling features, take the battery of the radio, you'll see a sticker above the connection for the battery there will be 3 barcodes on the sticker, look for the second barcode and above it it says "VER.NO: R05.07.01" using mine as a example. well take a look at yours and let me know what it says.

ver. no. r02.15.02

however A-1 stated they had to upgrade firmware when I bought it used a couple years ago. I am going to try to get it reprogramed soon since I change Depts and I dont like the way A-1 programed it in the first place. They programed a pager channel however they siad that the county tones were not long enough for the radio to open and that it opened fine when they tested it in the shop since they can generate the tones at the right lenth.

ver. no. r02.15.02

however A-1 stated they had to upgrade firmware when I bought it used a couple years ago. I am going to try to get it reprogramed soon since I change Depts and I dont like the way A-1 programed it in the first place. They programed a pager channel however they siad that the county tones were not long enough for the radio to open and that it opened fine when they tested it in the shop since they can generate the tones at the right lenth.

[/quote

Yeah the firmware you have is ancient, and there was signaling features, I don't know how much they will charge for them to upgrade the firmware. I sent you a PM

Mike check your facebook, I think I am having a issue with the the PM's

I see you keep up with things--good for you. I used to be up on all the latest and greatest. I am good with what we have now but can't dedicate anymore time to go any further on expanding my radio "stuff" library. When I complete my term I plan on getting back into it though. So for now-- I know just who to reach out to for the answer--LOL

This is a great forum! I'm just getting into programming and it's nice to see discussions like this on here.

Just wandering, anybody know where I can find a used ht750 or 1250 in the low band range, 46hz area?

Just wandering, anybody know where I can find a used ht750 or 1250 in the low band range, 46hz area?

They are hard to find, but do exist. My recommendation is not to waste your time or money. When i worked in Putnam it was nearly impossible to get in touch with 911 from a portable, let alone the truck radio. Even for just listening to what was going on it was worthless. I hated mine so much i gave it away for free.

Might want to check ebay, or ask on radioreference.com, like goose said, they do exist but are hard to come buy.