Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonMoose

Radio Shack PRO-95 Trunk Programming

13 posts in this topic

To: Anyone familiar with setting up the WC Trunked System

I'm having a rough time setting up the trunked system on this RadioShack PRO95 scanner.

Frequencies:

North Zone: 470.57500 (Control Freq)

South Zone: 476.23750 (Control Freq)

The info I got from RadioReference:

FTG.gif

So I gave it a shot in programming it in, and here's what I get:

ERROR.gif

I'm not really sure what I'm doing LOL - So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I read over the info on RadioReference about the Trunked Systems, and how it works and whatnot but apparently I don't understand it enough to program it in.

Edited by DonMoose

I'm not familiar with the programming nuances of your model, but I have found this site below an extremely valuable resource:

http://marksscanners.com/index.html

Here is the shortcut to "an easier to read manual" for your scanner:

http://marksscanners.com/95/95.html

Take your time to become familiar with your model, carefully follow the programming steps, and you should be able to get it scanning in practically no time at all.

I am certain there are other members here who will be able to help you further, should you need it.

I'm not familiar with the programming nuances of your model, but I have found this site below an extremely valuable resource:

http://marksscanners.com/index.html

Here is the shortcut to "an easier to read manual" for your scanner:

http://marksscanners.com/95/95.html

Take your time to become familiar with your model, carefully follow the programming steps, and you should be able to get it scanning in practically no time at all.

I am certain there are other members here who will be able to help you further, should you need it.

Thanks Jack, I'm pretty familiar with this scanner, but that manual does make it a lot easier to understand.

I dont know to much about trunking, but does that "type: conv" mean conventional?

Yeah, I changed that right after I posted this thread. That was a mistake - it's set to MOT now.

Here's what I have now:

screen1.gif

I'm getting nothing but static from the North Zone's control frequency. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong since I've never really messed around with any radioshack products, and quite frankly the software for programming it is confusing.

It looks like you have several issues.

To review this thread these are this is the information you need:

North Zone - 470.3250, 470.3500, 470.3750, 470.5250, 470.5750

Base - 470.0

Spacing - 12.5

Offset - 380

South Zone - 470.0750, 470.1000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375

Base 1 - 469.525

Spacing 1 - 12.5

Offset 1 - 380

Base 2 - 475.750

Spacing 2 - 12.5

Offset 2 - 500

The North and South Zones need to be programmed into separate banks. All of the above information needs to be entered in the appropriate bank.

Once you have this entered it should work. I noticed from your screenshot you have only the North and South Control Channels entered in the same bank. As mentioned all info for both banks need to be separated in to different banks.

The static you are hearing on 470.5750 and 476.2375 is the Control Channel datastream which you will not hear once everything is operating correctly.

IMO leave the DEC alone, HEX means the TalkGroup ID will include alpha entries whereas DEC means entries are only numeric.

FYI - once you get everything running you may want to go to "closed" mode (to the right of the bank name) and add the Operations and Tac TalkGroups to your TG list.

Edited by SteveOFD

It looks like you have several issues.

To review this thread these are this is the information you need:

North Zone - 470.3250, 470.3500, 470.3750, 470.5250, 470.5750

Base - 470.0

Spacing - 12.5

Offset - 380

South Zone - 470.0750, 470.1000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375

Base 1 - 469.525

Spacing 1 - 12.5

Offset 1 - 380

Base 2 - 475.750

Spacing 2 - 12.5

Offset 2 - 500

The North and South Zones need to be programmed into separate banks. All of the above information needs to be entered in the appropriate bank.

Once you have this entered it should work. I noticed from your screenshot you have only the North and South Control Channels entered in the same bank. As mentioned all info for both banks need to be separated in to different banks.

The static you are hearing on 470.5750 and 476.2375 is the Control Channel datastream which you will not hear once everything is operating correctly.

Thank You

I'll try that right now and post back and see if I can get it working without being a pain and posting every time I have an issue.

Thanks Again

Feel free to ask away, we'll get it working.

Feel free to ask away, we'll get it working.

Ok - I think that fixed it. I don't hear the static when I'm scanning, only when I stop on that frequency in the bank.

Here's what I did:

Bank: North

Bank: South

With all the information you gave me, then I added the set of talkgroups to each bank. I hope that's right. I don't hear any transmissions, but I don't hear the static either - that's a plus right? LOL

[edit] Just heard a transmission from Pleasantville on Fire11 so I guess I did it right. Thanks again.

Edited by DonMoose

That is correct. You may want to go to "open" mode temporarily, this will let you hear all TalkGroups on the system. You will hear the BeeLine buses, EMS, Hospitals, and Fire. The more TG's you have "turned on" the sooner you can verify operation. As long as you can hear the Control Channel (470.5750 - North, or 476.2375 - South) you will be able to listen to the system.

Don, you're welcome, anytime.

Edited by SteveOFD

Ok - I think that fixed it. I don't hear the static when I'm scanning, only when I stop on that frequency in the bank.

Here's what I did:

Bank: North

With all the information you gave me, then I added the set of talkgroups to each bank. I hope that's right. I don't hear any transmissions, but I don't hear the static either - that's a plus right? LOL

[edit] Just heard a transmission from Pleasantville on Fire11 so I guess I did it right. Thanks again.

Don, quick question for you. What do you mean by Bank: North, and two Bank:South's?

Don, quick question for you. What do you mean by Bank: North, and two Bank:South's?

Ok - Here's what I did

North:

Frequencies: 470.3250, 470.3500, 470.3750, 470.5250, 470.5750

Base - 470.0

Spacing - 12.5

Offset - 380

South:

Frequencies: 470.0750, 470.1000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375

Base - 469.525

Spacing - 12.5

Offset - 380

South

Frequencies: 470.0750, 470.1000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375

Base - 475.750

Spacing - 12.5

Offset - 500

There is only one entry for Base / Offset per bank, (which is annoying with this scanner) So I had to have two separate banks for both South Zones because of the two different base frequencies and offset. Then I added the TalkGroups for Fire in each of the banks (North, South1, South2). Was that the right way to do it? I've heard transmissions over Fire11, and a quick blip on Fire14 so far, nothing else.

Edited by DonMoose

Yes, that is the correct way of doing it. I did notice that there is only one Base/Offset/Spacing per bank from your screenshot. You did it right, good listening with it.

Edited by SteveOFD

Yes, that is the correct way of doing it. I did notice that there is only one Base/Offset/Spacing per bank from your screenshot. You did it right, good listening with it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.