Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Car Fire Drill @ the Wassaic Firehouse - 1/5/09

34 posts in this topic

Well because this was a drill and you posted pictures I hope we can comment on them. It looked as though everything went good for the drill with 2 LSO and plenty of backup. Everyone was wearing full PPE and tanked up. Everyone approached from the side to fight the fire. I have one comment and that is the placement of the engine in the second picture. It is directly in line with the rear bumpers and in danger of being hit if the pistons let loose. There are also members standing there in the line of fire at what appears to be the pump panel. We cannot control everything that happens in our job but we can make it safer when it is a drill. Stay safe.

Thanks guys for the comments, I have no problem with your thoughts, one of the reasons why I try to post is the feedback that one gets from the pictures from the membership here.

Yes the engine although it was about 75' away should have been placed behind where the attack is taking place. All the members except one, including the driver/pump operator this was the first time fighting a car fire, all fairly new members or explorers, not making excuses. We did discuss some of the oversights with them after the drill.

Thanks for the input ALS and Lad much appreciated, I have no problem with critiques of my stuff, if it makes us safer, good deal.

I gotta say I was a bit shocked by what I saw, NO BLUE HOSE ???

The water was blue though :lol::P:blink:

It was kinda a shade of brown, then white fluffy stuff.