Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MUDMEDIC

Homeland Security: New Series on ABC TV

11 posts in this topic

this is a new show on abc tonight at 8 pm looks interesting

Yeah I've seen the commercials it looks like a cool show. I plan on watching it

the radiation detector "alert, alert" seemed like it came straight out of a Reno 911 episode.

It was a really good episode its amazing how many places there are to hide drugs in a car.

the radiation detector "alert, alert" seemed like it came straight out of a Reno 911 episode.

Perhaps Reno911 got it from CBP? :o

A really good friend of mine used to work CBP in the Port of Miami, the s*** he saw was crazy. Not only do they come up with many places to hide drugs, but they also mix the drugs with other substances and manufactor different items out of them.

He now works for US CUSTOMS ICE as a Special Agent in the Intelligence Division. He has been involved in some very highly and some never publicized drug arrests. He is also a good person to get info from when a "Terror Alert" comes out. I usually call him and get the full story or as much as he can give me.

Many citizens of our great USA think that it is just luck (or whatever) that there has not been another terrorist in the USA since 9/11. I have been informed on numerous occasions that this is NOT TRUE. He said that there have been dozens of attacks that were halted long before they were supposed to be carried out. None of this get published in any newspapers or broadcast on the news.

The show was interesting to see what goes on "behind the scenes" to what we see everyday -- always up for learning more about that type of stuff.

What I was kind of bothered by though was the exposure to the way the gov't is spending its resources -- do we really need 6 people doing an all out manhunt for 6 mexican proclaimed gang members? I dont know... Rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

(No, i'm not saying that we should leave our borders unprotected, just wondered about the amount of resources needed for it for the overall good for all)

I like the show, but everything to be shown in this series was compiled over 13 weeks of shooting, which means you don't see all the boring day to day stuff.....The job would go better if we had that cool background music playing everytime something good was happenning.

Edited by SgtGumby311