Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpeifer

Westchester Trunk System

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea why I am hearing Liberty Lines Bus chatter. I am using a BCT15. Both sites are correctly programmed. Only the Fire and EMS talkgroups were programmed. Programming was done with ARC software and radio reference internet link.

Guy

Anyone have any idea why I am hearing Liberty Lines Bus chatter. I am using a BCT15. Both sites are correctly programmed. Only the Fire and EMS talkgroups were programmed. Programming was done with ARC software and radio reference internet link.

Guy

I just had this problem so maybe I can help. It's my understanding that even if you didn't program the Liberty Line talkgroups, you'll receive them because as long as you have the control channels, it will pick up any talkgroups that aren't locked out (Fire/EMS/Hospital/Bus etc). I hope that makes sense.

Here's the list of talkgroup ids for the liberty bus service, once you lock these out you should be all set.

Edited by DonMoose

Is it on ID Scan?

It has nothing to do with if you set up control channel only Site Options programming.

If ID search is set, it will pick up any activity in the system, even if you did not load the group.

Open your ARC software, in the systems browser pane, highlight Westchester County. Under the Trunk System Parameters tab make sure the scan mode is set to ID scan, not ID search.

Once you make any changes, be sure to tick the selection to overwrite the existing system, and upload the updated system to your scanner.

It has nothing to do with if you set up control channel only Site Options programming.

If ID search is set, it will pick up any activity in the system, even if you did not load the group.

Open your ARC software, in the systems browser pane, highlight Westchester County. Under the Trunk System Parameters tab make sure the scan mode is set to ID scan, not ID search.

Once you make any changes, be sure to tick the selection to overwrite the existing system, and upload the updated system to your scanner.

Thanks. I will give that a shot. It was set to search.

Hi just wondering how i can go about obtaining the trunked frequencies for the fire departments in westchester got a new scanner from radio shack and need to upload these if at all possible. Reaching out to my brother"s for some help with this matter. Please respond back if at all possible, thanks in advance.

Hi just wondering how i can go about obtaining the trunked frequencies for the fire departments in Westchester got a new scanner from radio shack and need to upload these if at all possible. Reaching out to my brother"s for some help with this matter. Please respond back if at all possible, thanks in advance.

What model is your scanner?

i have a radio shack scanner model is pro-433 can anyone help me out as to how i can program the trunking frequencies into this im having a hard time also what are the trunk frequencies for westchester fire depts and maybe some of the p.d's as well your help would be appreciated.

This topic has been discussed at the Westchester County Trunked System thread. You will find all of the information you are looking for in these two threads. Let me know how it goes.

This thread also has information on the Westchester County Trunked System.

Edited by SteveOFD