Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NREMT Written

9 posts in this topic

I just passed my practical for EMT-B in CT, and will be taking the NREMT Computer based exam soon. Anyone with any advice or general impressions of the exam?

i think you need an 80% or better in every section - and study their protocol i guess. Don't know many that bothered to get this. Good luck.

Study the text book. The test is region neutral. When you take it, relax. Just because you get a few questions in a row on one subject or you feel the test is heavy on a subject it doesn't mean you're not doing well. Between tester questions and adaptive scoring you just have to take it one question at a time and don't defeat yourself.

I just took the exam a few months ago. It's hard to give advice on what to study because you can get any batch of random questions. The thing I found difficult with it is pacing yourself. You have a time limit (which I can't remember what it is) but you do not know how many questions you will be given. I got like 80 questions and had over an hour remaining. My advice is to take your time, I rushed. Also don't take it on a Friday, I had to wait the whole weekend for my score, as its posted the next business day.

Hopefully you have read the text and have a good foundation of knowledge of the material. As already mentioned the biggest thing is to relax and if you have put the work in you should be confident in your abilities. I also am an advocate of not studying intensely the night prior or day of exams where the topics can be fairly broad based. You may lock your brain into the short term knowledge of what you just studied.

If you can do it, get the book that has or find some practice questions on line and do them. It will get you in the mindset of what the format is. My group of friends did this for our NREMT-P test and we found it very helpful. This was a traditional written mind you so I can't lend you any advice on the computerized type.

I took it on 1/12/09 and thought the test was very different from my class test and text book questions and study book questions, remember when your answering questions your looking for the answer the state wants you to have no what say you would acually in the field. I made it to question 124 and had 55 mins left and it turned off on me and i passed.

Edited by Ladder44

What is the NREMT exam ? I'm just wondering because I can't figure out what it stands for I know what EMT stands for but not NR.