Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Thornwood's New Engine...Anybody have the dirt?

34 posts in this topic

I have heard rumors that Thornwood is getting a $550,000 new supposedly Pierce. Anyone know for sure what they are getting, specs, and when it will be delivered and what it will replace?

Why doesn't anybody know anything about this? This is like top secret or something? LOL!

It is a Pierce $505,000 and it should be in around Oct It is a pumper / rescue. I believe they are going to be getting rid of the Mack. I believe it is going to have a squad body on the back. With the capabitly of carrying hose Not sure on th pump, tank size or how much hose. Also believe it will have a light tower. Thats all I know Oh yeah its going to be red with a very big yellow stripe..... :---) :---) :---)

Thanks P'ville!!

Its a 2005 peirce rescue/pumper and it should be in around august or september

Just found out some additional info in additon to the above, the chasis will be a Pierce Dash and the whole rig is going to be HOT!

so how did u find out its going to be hot??

so  how did u find out its going to be hot??

#1. It's a Pierce Dash

#2 It's a Pierce Dash Rescue Pumper

#2 It's going to be Thornwood Yellow with a red stripe, which, IMO, is a very unique and sharp paint scheme.

Do the math.

#1. It's a Pierce Dash

#2 It's going to be Thornwood Yellow with a red stripe, which, IMO, is a very unique and sharp paint scheme.

Do the math.

2005 Pierce Rescue/Pumper it is said to have a 1500 gpm pump,a 500 gallon tank,roll up doors,24 inch deep compartments,a 8 man cab,light tower and be RED with 2 large chrome yellow stripes. to replace a CF-Mack pumper-engine 88-(any body want to buy it) it will run first to all rescue type calls.

#1. It's a Pierce Dash

Do the math.

2005 Pierce Rescue/Pumper it is said to have a 1500 gpm pump,a 500 gallon tank,roll up doors,24 inch deep compartments,a 8 man cab,light tower and be RED with 2 large chrome yellow stripes. to replace a CF-Mack pumper-engine 88-(any body want to buy it) it will run first to all rescue type calls.

Thanks for the info, but.....

WHAT!!! WHY RED!!!!! WHY THE CHANGE??? WHY RUIN A BEATUTIFUL THING!!!!

What dissapointing news. Sounds like it is still going to be hot, but it's not going to be a hot Yellow Pierce. It's gonna be red like every other firetruck. :sad:

x635,

What does your dept. run with? Are they all Pierces? How bout you come and join me for a ride on a Seagrave?

x635,

What does your dept. run with?  Are they all Pierces?  How bout you come and join me for a ride on a Seagrave?

My current department runs Ford Expeditions, Chevrolet Tahoes, a Dodge Ram, and Ford E-350's/AEV Traumahawks's. I'm trying to convince my boss to go for a Seagrave or Pierce, but he won't go for it.

Don't worry, I love Seagraves as well as Pierce!!

im amazed , how u guys find all this stuff out ?????????????just being buffs???

Why would a Board of Fire Commissioners approve the purchase of a Pierce since Pierce was bought out by OshKosh?

OshKosh seems not to care for the quality reputation of the Pierce name brand. Pierce is becoming the E-One of the midwest and I believe money is best spent at Seagrave. That is my opinion, I could be wrong. Feel free to figuratively "burn me at the stake".

I'm with Mike....where do you find all this information from? lol

The E-One of the Midwest? Nah I think Pierce has a long way to go before the become anything Like ALF or E-One and KME especially. My dept has been all pierce since I believe 86 and There has never really been any major problems with any truck we own. They all get the normal routine problems like any other truck out there but they have held up well for us. Yes OshKosh did buy out Pierce and to be honest I don't see a change in quality, craftmanship, and service to customers. Yes Pierce can be an expensive brand of truck to buy and so is seagrave but my choice will always have to be with Pierce. But hey opinions are like a*******...everyone has one so no biggie..figured i'd reply back to what you said

in reference to my post-it's a joke that runs around the depts in mt.pleasant-TFD rigs are red with 2 large chrome yellow stripes-think about it.

:twisted: Thornwood i think is getting a light weight rescue

:twisted: Thornwood i think is getting a light weight rescue

They aren't the only ones :-k

thornwoods rescue wont be a light weight. its actually a pretty heavy rescue. but yes its still gonna be red with a BIG yellow Stripe! all of us down here are trying to convince them to put the usual red stripe but at the end of the truck taper off into sketched flames. now that would be hot!

Thornwood #192 out

Wait, wait wait. So Thornwood is getting an Engine AND a Rescue truck?

What is the rescue truck going to be, and what brand, and will it replace anything? Where will they put it?

thornwood is getting a RESCUE only!! nothing else as far as i know. it will replace engine 88! the mack. the cheifs have also told us that Engine 290, our initial attack engine will be replaced a few months after we get the rescue sometime in august or september

thornwood is getting a RESCUE only!! nothing else as far as i know. it will replace engine 88! the mack. the cheifs have also told us that Engine 290, our initial attack engine will be replaced a few months after we get the rescue sometime in august or september

They are getting a Rescue only? That is strange that you say that, I have heard from numerous sources that it will be a RESCUE PUMPER, meaning an engine. Also, it cost over $500,000 and that is way more than any reasonable single role rescue would cost.

I'm pretty positive we will be seeing a Pierce Dash Rescue Pumper.

RESCUE PUMPER

yea i meant to say rescue pumper. my mistake

i think there getting a nice truck especially if it's a rear mount pump panel. looking outside the box is what pierce is doing! what happened to pierce when they merged with oshkosh? whats happening now with pierce. who's using pierce's pattents such as role over protection air bags and independant front suspension? how many pierces are coming into this area? also i know thornwood puts alot of thaught into their apparatus and i'm sure we'll be impressed.

...does anyone have any pictures of what pierce dash rescue pumper looks like?

A little birdy told me that the new rescue pumper is going to be called RESCUE 75 and yes it is still yellow