Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

North Salem PD Places 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe In Service (Photos)

12 posts in this topic

The North Salem NY Police Department has just taken delivery of their new patrol / command vehicle, a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe, equipped with the police package from Chevrolet. As with many of the vehicles under conversion today, 7K359 was designed to fulfill two distinct functions…….the first as a daily patrol vehicle, and secondarily for scene management.

The audible and visual warning system is virtually 100% Whelen and is primarily LED based. The lightbar is a fully loaded 55" Freedom FX, two 700 Super LEDs were installed in the lower front grille while a six head Dominator was mounted in the upper front grille. Super Mirror Beams were installed on both side mirrors while, in the rear, two split (red/blue) 400 Super LEDs, a second six head Dominator and four HideAway LED in the taillights, provide lighting protection. The integral Freedom bar Traffic Advisor was also incorporated to provide traffic direction. Inside the cargo compartment, two TIR3 LEDs were installed on the lower outer corners of the space, controlled by a dual function switch that, simultaneously deactivates the Dominator while enabling the TIR3s. This eliminates any distraction caused by the Dominator while providing additional rear facing warning when the cargo door is raised during scene operations. A single 100 watt siren speaker, SLSA6 controller and solid state headlight flasher complete the warning system

The center console is a 24 inch Havis-Shields, with dual cup holders, two 12V power outlets, map light, dual switch plate for Traffic Advisor control, digital scanner, department radio, Whelen A6 and six inch storage compartment. A unique addition to the console was a Pentax computer printer integrated into the padded (swing away) armrest. The printer works in conjunction with the Data 911 computer along with a hand held bar code style scanner that reads license information, automatically entering all operator information (onto the infraction), which is then printed by the Pentax in the armrest

The custom rear cargo command cabinet incorporates upper storage compartments for first responder equipment including O2 kit, AED and trauma box. The mid level drawer is designed for hanging files folders while the right side compartment is used for bulk storage. The lower level drawer is a full width scene management whiteboard that locks at an angle for use with supply storage underneath. The whiteboard includes a clear overlay for school plans, town maps, scene diagrams etc. This allows for on scene marking without permanent marking on the original.

The custom reflective graphics package duplicates all other NSPD patrol vehicles.

Specialty Warning Systems wishes to thank Chief Tom Howley and the North Salem PD for their continued confidence in us to provide all their vehicle conversions and looks forward to a long working relationship with them.

post-7323-1232496132.jpg

post-7323-1232496140.jpg

post-7323-1232496150.jpg

post-7323-1232496181.jpg

post-7323-1232496192.jpg

post-7323-1232496199.jpg

post-7323-1232496206.jpg

nice vehicle!!!

nice truck.....love the grille mounted warning systems

A lot of light in there.

The compartments in the back make me think this is more of a command vehicle

Looks like the new BAT13 Command Vehicle

Simple, yet attractive and capable. I like the green on white.

-Joe DA BUFF

Simple layout on the exterior but it looks great, I like the green over white, nice design and yeah I bet you will surely see it coming with the light package, thanks for sharing.

Simple, yet attractive and capable. I like the green on white.

-Joe DA BUFF

Nice truck I gotta say i like the green and white too.

Thanks for the "enlightening" article!!! :P :P