Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

Escape Rope Requirement - How are you meeting the standard?

37 posts in this topic

Is a 40ft piece of 3/8inch rope tied to a 4inch carobeanor good even though they where handed out without any training or dose it have to be a special bailout system? Just woundering.

Is a 40ft piece of 3/8inch rope tied to a 4inch carobeanor good even though they where handed out without any training or dose it have to be a special bailout system? Just woundering.

It depends on what your risk assesement came up with. If you have more than 3 stories no.

The equipment maybe ok, but the standard mandates annual training.

It depends on what your risk assesement came up with. If you have more than 3 stories no.

A number of people have said that above the 3 stories, so I called the head of enforcement for PESH and he said thats an interesting statement that appears to be the opinion of a few individuales but not the position of NYS or the regulation that they are enforcing.

You are correct, right opening Gemtor harness is incompatible with the EXO. Petzel offers another harness that is compatible with right opening pants. .

I spoke with Larry Cohen of Fireground Technologies and he told me that Fireground Tech offers a left side bag.. The bag is not a Petzl bag but it is better from what he told me..

I haven't seen the left side bag, but the RIT Class 2 harness is compatible with the EXO and fits Right opening bunkers.

As of this time, all of Mohegan's FAS-Team members have been trained and issued the Petzl EXO system and issued new Gemtor harnesses. Mohegan has a handful of fire officers trained as certified instructors in the system. The dept. is now working on training all of the rest of the interior firefighters in this system. An annual recertification is also required by the members who have been trained and issued the system.

Took the class today.. Great class, great instructors from Fireground Tech.. Worth every penny.. The left side bag they supply is better than the Petzl bag.. Look for the left side bag on the site in the near future...