Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Peekskill old Engine 134

13 posts in this topic

Nice Pierce with the custom Arrow cab.

post-16297-1232738757.jpg

Yeah I was thinking the same thing anyone know the wheel base on the rig, she is long for sure.

LOOONG rig.....

Anyone have the specs....how long between the time of being taken OOS and it getting back inservice in its new home?

Not sure about the wheelbase, but the whole rig measures somewhere in the 35-38 feet range, if I remember correctly. It went out of service in January of 07. Hard to drive, but fun. The thing has a beast of an engine, and you'd feel every bump in the road.

Edited by Raz

Not sure about the wheelbase, but the whole rig measures somewhere in the 45-48 feet range, if I remember correctly. It went out of service in January of 07. Hard to drive, but fun. The thing has a beast of an engine, and you'd feel every bump in the road.

45 Ft?? Our dual axle 110' ladder truck is only 42'!

45 Ft?? Our dual axle 110' ladder truck is only 42'!

Sorry, typo. I meant to say 35-38 feet. Like I said, I'm just ballparking it, so I'm probably wrong (hopefully one of the buffs can correct me). The lack of a dual axle in the rear was really the killer. The thing just did not want to turn.

Edited by Raz

Yeah I was thinking the same thing anyone know the wheel base on the rig, she is long for sure.

245"

245"

Thanks Bob

I see they left the FDNY 9/11 Sticker I designed

and put on the rig.

COOL!

:D

Our dual axle 110' ladder truck is only 42'

And even if it were a single axle your truck would probably handle better. Hopefully they will be able to make right turns with it out of their firehouse. Glad to see its getting use in the fire service. I wonder how much they paid Amtrak for it after they cut its line due to the decline in the economy.

That truck is a prime example of "planning" and "if you spec it...they will come" gone wild.