Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nhfd241

Rescue Me Coming Back April '09

18 posts in this topic

As of FX networks Rescue Me will return in April of 09 not sure of actually date

Sweet... I've actually got a question for anyone who watched the "minisodes" over the summer.. Did they have anything to do with the storyline from the last season, or were they all just completely random?

The only problem I had with Third Watch was that after awhile they stopped showing the fire department and they just focused on the police department. Other than that I was a big fan of Third Watch and I am also a big fan of Rescue Me. I can't wait for the new season to start this april.

The only problem I had with Third Watch was that after awhile they stopped showing the fire department and they just focused on the police department. Other than that I was a big fan of Third Watch and I am also a big fan of Rescue Me. I can't wait for the new season to start this april.

Yeah your right about that after they took the Fd away it was kinda gay for lack of a better word.

When Denis Leary was on Opie & Anthony a few months ago, he said that it would start about the 1st week of April and they will be running 2 complete seasons togehter.

When Denis Leary was on Opie & Anthony a few months ago, he said that it would start about the 1st week of April and they will be running 2 complete seasons togehter.

cool

Who cares? The show sucks and is a disgrace to The Brothers of the FDNY and the entire fire service for that matter. Leary POS

Leary is not a POS. He donates generously and has always supported ff charities. Yeah, the show is garbage. Its a fictional dramatization and it has funded contributions to the neighborhoods they shoot in, creates jobs in NYC, and hires firefighters. It does show a lot of trumped up garbage, but in general shows firefighters in a good light in the end. For every flaw and foul up there is redemption. The media on the other hand has publicized in detail every f-up and never finds the space for redemption or correction when the facts come out.

Another set back.....they first said this summer, then they said this December, then it was February and now it is April.

I loved the show for the drama it associates with the fire house, I could really care less about the characters personal lives. I think it is the redirection of the show to more humanize and flaw the characters that has caused the show to go down hill in recent seasons.

I am highly anticipating this new season, hopefully, they can bring what drew me to the show initially back to the show.

The Leary Organization is one of only a few that first come to mind when I think of firefighter assistance. The others being the Firemans Fund, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, IAFF and IAFC.

The Leary Firefighter Foundation has done great things for the men and women on the job in both Boston and New York.

They have provided a fireboat to Boston, a high-rise simulator and mobile command center for New York and rescue boats in New Orleans, all in the eight years this foundation has been in existince.

Edited by bvfdjc316

show is terrible, at least there is hot girls in it though

Leary POS? I have to agree with you there after he joined the small but unfortunately growing number of people who think its hip or cool to crack on children diagnosed as autistic. Not a fan.

Who cares? The show sucks and is a disgrace to The Brothers of the FDNY and the entire fire service for that matter. Leary POS

PJ-

I could not agree more. The show is garbage and Dennis Leary should be ashamed at himself for promoting such a poor image of the FDNY. I cannot believe anyone involved in the Fire Service would give that show any credence by viewing it. Total Garbage.

Obviously those who defend Leary and support his donations are not directly affliated with the FDNY and rely on reports from outsied sources. He is not helping firemen by donating rigs or bldgs or boats, hes helping a city that could care less about firemen. Real firemen who work in that city could care less about the things he donates. As far as donating money back to the neighborhoods he films in, I work in the neighborhood he films the majority of the show in and Ive heard of no such actions. Drunk, drug addicted, adultering, mal adjusted individuals does not put firemen in a good light in my mind. His depiction of "the drama that goes on in City firehouses " couldnt be farther from the truth. I can say this because Ive spent the last 11 yeas in one. Not to mention his views on children suffering with autism, which several of the brothers in NYC deal with. If he wants to make a meaningful donation he can steer some money there way. Until then he remains a P.O.S.

the date for the premire is april 7th at 10 pm which is a tuesday

Leary POS? I have to agree with you there after he joined the small but unfortunately growing number of people who think its hip or cool to crack on children diagnosed as autistic. Not a fan.

Did he? When and where? If he did he'll have me to deal with... (FF with ASD son)

As for the show, from what little I've seen it sucks fairly hard - 'Sex And The City, With Rigs' seemed to about sum it up..

Edited by abaduck

sweet!!!!! love the show and think denis leary is the man!!!

if yall havent already his no cure for cancer cd is funny as heck. a must buy!!!

It's got to be one of the best shows on t.v. Whoever's spent time in a firehouse kitchen can relate to alot of the stuff that goes on. I know I can, along with many of my collegues who are avid fans. I bet if the show was centered around XYZ FD, many would think differently. I haven't found too many guys from Boston FD and Philly FD that dislike it. Like Chief Flynn always says QTIP guys!

Edited by FirNaTine