Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

HT1250

15 posts in this topic

I'm not sure where this would go so I put it here. I have a HT1250 and I have noticed certain alerting tones come across distorted at times on Dutchess 911 dispatch, I was wondering if any one else had this same problem and what they did to fix it.

I haven't used my HT1250 LS+ on Dispatch since the Simulcast, transition, I will have to see if I run into any of the same issues with mine!

Could be a "channel guard" problem.Have a radio tech check it out for you.

I haven't used my HT1250 LS+ on Dispatch since the Simulcast, transition, I will have to see if I run into any of the same issues with mine!

Thank you, its only certain tones, for ex. one of Arlington's comes across distorted, and that tone county puts out after hitting a districts tones, every thing sounds fine on my other radios, I just don't understand it.

Could be a "channel guard" problem.Have a radio tech check it out for you.

I'll take out the PL tone and see if that changes anything.

Thank you, its only certain tones, for ex. one of Arlington's comes across distorted, and that tone county puts out after hitting a districts tones, every thing sounds fine on my other radios, I just don't understand it.

Maybe I'm thinking too simple, but is it possible your speaker is starting to go?

Maybe I'm thinking too simple, but is it possible your speaker is starting to go?

You know I thought that too, but it also does it with the speaker mic attached too, and its only certain tones that sound distorted, unless the counties simulcast is doing it, at work it does not happen so much. I have no issues with Poughkeepsie Fire tones sounding distorted.

It's not just your HT1250, I have heard similar distortion on my scanner, on my vertex standard portable, and my pager as well... and it started after the simulcast launch

Does the distortion happen at all levels of volume? Also do you get this distortion over a scanner or another radio at all? It could be possible that it is the speaker on the radio itself. Do you get distortion with regular voice?

If it was a wrong PL code then you would not hear any transmissions. If you get the distortion with other radios then its the volume of the tone generator or problem with it. It could also be the transmit power from the tower itself. It could be several things.

Does the distortion happen at all levels of volume? Also do you get this distortion over a scanner or another radio at all? It could be possible that it is the speaker on the radio itself. Do you get distortion with regular voice?

If it was a wrong PL code then you would not hear any transmissions. If you get the distortion with other radios then its the volume of the tone generator or problem with it. It could also be the transmit power from the tower itself. It could be several things.

[/quote

Voice is not distorted, My HT1000 and My MT1000 sound just fine, volume level does not change a thing,it used to be worse, I changed some of the settings under advanced in the CPS for that personality. I have noticed that the receiver on my 1250 is just a tad bit stronger then the others so maybe I am picking up Illinois and Clove Tower,

EFFP411 stated that he had heard some distortion on his Vertex Portable, Scanner, and Pager.

Ok Mobile life was just toned out, and the tone that county plays after that wasn't distorted this time.

Keep on listenting, maybe the front end of the HT's transceiver might be overloaded when capturing the signal. How old it the 1250, relatively new I assume?

we have a couple of vertex standard radios at work and have the same problem. some county tones are distorted. we also have motorola ht1550xls portables but everything sounds fine on them

Its defiantly something on the transmission ned then if other radios are getting it/

Ok i dont mean to bring a dead thread back to life, but I corrected the issue with my HT1250 and the tones no longer sound distorted. If any one else out there with a HT750/HT1250/HT1550 that has that issue feel free to drop me a PM.